(back to the list of all DM-SST meeting minutes)


11:00 PT  



Room System

Phone Dial-in

Short : ls.st/dmsst 

Zoom: https://noirlab-edu.zoom.us/j/97839121776?pwd=K1JPeUpSMXFvSXJSa2xORGkyVk5zdz09

Zoom Meeting ID: 978 3912 1776 
Zoom Password: 512314

Dial closest IP: (east coast) and (west coast) then use the Zoom meeting ID 978 3912 1776  as the dialing extension.

For example: 978 3912 1776 @ or: 3912 1776  Password: 512314

Dial-in numbers:

+1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)

+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll) Meeting ID: 936 2540 1560 International numbers available: https://gemini.zoom.us/u/adcUNrbXzS



Discussion items


ItemWhoPre-Meeting NotesNotes and  Action Items
Project/Science Updates
Schedule Workshop: Notes here. Key points coming out of the schedule workshop last week
  • Camera arrival in Chile is now Nov 2023. 
  • ComCam comes off the TMA in Aug 2023 then goes back on in Sept, then off agin for the final time  in Mar 2024
  • TMA re-verification and close out added to September TMA test campaign
  • Zeljko showed that we are moving too slow to complete the project on time. We need to move as fast as we were moving before covid to complete on time. Considering options for adding resources, improving efficiency.
  • Next schedule workshop in October-ish around time of camera shipping review

PST SC Chairs presentation, 2023-06-23:  

  • Presentation on the security requirements and the embargo. dmtn-199: Rubin Observatory Data Security Standards Implementation is now issued.  It describes the concrete measures to implement the security guidelines given to us by the agencies.
  • Key points include: 
    • Focal plane scientific data (science images, calibration images, engineering images) are embargoed for at least 30 days during commissioning and 80 hrs in Ops following observation. 
    • The only image data that will be available prior to 80hrs is the cutouts included in the alert packets. 
    • The image cutout service will not operate on embargoed images. 
    • PPDB and EFD data are not affected
    • Draft change request in progress now to flow this down to the LSR/OSS/DMSR

DP0.3 status (Gregory Dubois-Felsmann :

  • We are waiting for new simulations from Mario corresponding to the latest survey baseline strategy. We set today as the latest date for delivery in order to give our team time to complete delivery. What is the status?

Calibration (Eli Rykoff ):

  • Calibration coordination group formed. Eli is in Tucson next week to work with Parker on the plans for calibration. 
  • TAXICAB (!!) being setup.
    • Telescope and auxiliary instrumentation calibration acceptance board.
  • Water hose broke in the SLAC clean room, added additional delay to testing.
  • Recover some time in shipping schedule by not putting one of the support stands on the plane with the camera.

  • DP0.3: Have not heard updates.
    • Did not hear of many issues from the SSSC sprint. All good from the CST side.
Plans for the next DM acceptance test campaign.

Plans for the next DM acceptance test campaign in late 2023. What is ready to test and what is not, verification datasets. 


DM-38863 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • RHL: is the target timeframe for 1a verification LSSTCam-on-telescope or LSSTCam-on-sky? Jeff: on-telescope.
  • SITCOM has a punch list of reqs as well, if they overlap DM's then should coordinate. No need to do the same work twice.
  • DMS-REQ-0358: is that a requirement on the consolidated DB or the EFD? Need to clarify what the intention is. Open question that depends on ongoing design work.
  • Combining two snaps, does this have to wait for LSSTCam on sky? Can do this with auxtel.
  • DMS-REQ-0293: What degree of dataset-selectability is required to claim this requirement?

Plans for testing of PPDB/APDB

  • Agenda item descoped.

Next meeting is:  

List of SST tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Robert Lupton Clarify the meaning of time in the object table. 1 sentence description in sdm_schemas, can link to a short DMTN.  Update 2022-02-09: Meeting to resolve this on 2022-02-21  
28 Feb 2022Robert Lupton2018-11-05 DM SST F2F Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann check if SDM standardization is adequately represented in project documents, and whether DMTN-067 should be required.
31 Mar 2022Gregory Dubois-Felsmann2022-02-14 DM-SST Virtual F2F Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Steve Ritz Work with DM and Camera to develop plans for delivering a shutter position-vs-time model  
16 May 2022Steve Ritz2022-03-14 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  / Leanne Guy Create a TN that outlines the science use cases and options for compressed PVIs from AP. Present the issue at DMLT VF2F and then the PST.   
13 Jun 2022Gregory Dubois-Felsmann2022-05-09 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Eli Rykoff Report on what information DES used for their decision on using compression?  
25 Jul 2022Eli Rykoff2022-06-06 DM-SST VF2F Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Melissa Graham to draft a proposal for including pz in alert packets  
12 Sep 2022Melissa Graham2022-08-15 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
26 Sep 2022Steve Ritz2022-09-12 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  start a technote to write down the details for science end user interface to SED corrections in catalogs  
31 Oct 2022Gregory Dubois-Felsmann2022-08-22 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
31 Dec 2022Leanne Guy2022-06-06 DM-SST VF2F Agenda and Meeting notes
28 Feb 2023Leanne Guy2023-01-23 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy talk to Steve R about presenting plans for the ShearObject table to PST and SciCollab chairs   
20 Mar 2023Leanne Guy2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
31 Mar 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy  talk to Gregory Dubois-Felsmann to review the original intent of the AFS-related Portal requirements before deciding on a course of action  
29 May 2023Leanne Guy2023-05-01 DM-SST Focus Meeting - Brokers in Commissioning
  • Leanne Guy Prepare to consult the PST on the question of providing compressed PVIs for AP outputs, to cover the period before the data become available in a DR.  
02 Jun 2023Leanne Guy2023-03-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch Incorporate 30-60 day period for raws on disk into the strawman proposal and present to KT  
26 Jun 2023Jim Bosch2023-05-08 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Parker Fagrelius Patrick Ingraham  how long will it take to do a scan as described? No need to scan the whole WL range but will require additional points outside nominal lambda range.  
30 Jun 2023Parker Fagrelius2023-03-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
31 Jul 2023Colin Slater2023-07-10 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Eli Rykoff , Leanne Guy  Develop a proposal for what calibration processing, hardware, data we actually need and what will be needed for DR1. This has implications for the ORR and for prioritisation of work in commissioning  
31 Jul 2023Eli Rykoff2023-01-30 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Yusra AlSayyad will look to see if there is any effort to help on option 1  
28 Aug 2023Yusra AlSayyad2023-08-14 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch  Provide a physical example of that a  up on cell table would look like fo the Colin Slater / DAX team to review  
31 Aug 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes