The material presented on this page is obsolete and unmaintained. For an overview of the Data Management organization and management structure, refer to LDM-294.
Within DM, the major organization structure is into Lead Institutions/Teams. These are:
- Science Data Archive and Data Access Services (SLAC)
- Science Pipelines, comprising:
- Alert Production (University of Washington)
- Data Release Production (Princeton)
- International Communications and Base Site (NOAO)
- The LSST Data Facility (NCSA)
- Science User Interface and Tools (IPAC)
- Science Quality and Reliability Engineering (LSST/AURA)
The work of each team is coordinated by a Technical Manager (“T/CAM”) who is responsible to the DM Project Manager.
There are five primary coordinating bodies to ensure the management, technical, and quality integrity of the DM Subsystem.
- DM Leadership Team (DMLT)
- DM System Science Team (DM-SST)
- DM Systems Engineering Team (DM-SET)
- DM Change Control Board (DM-CCB; formerly the Technical Control Team)
- DM Science Validation Team (DM-SVT)
In addition, Working Groups may be formed and disbanded as needed.