Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

In Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Apologies

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
notetakerYusra AlSayyadKT did last week .. 
Project updates
  • Start up going well. Looking into the no residents  returning (Dome) - some tight time lines like reply within 10 days. Still 14 day quarantine - EIE may send 3 people in the next 2 weeks.
  • Next plan when other people go (back) to Chile.
  • Wednesday strategy meeting .. may increase participation may pick new time (7am now)
    • To be led by Chuck 
  • Nov1 time change USA
  • DEI conferences we would like attendance at - will be on the agenda more regularly.
    • need some attendance and also some control on it (should not always be same people)
    • you do not have to be X to attend conf for X ..
    • AURA often have a presence -
  • Contacts database glitches ..
    • builder pending  - sometimes people are asked (after 2 years) can be reminded monthly. A note can be placed on the person (Aime tracks it).
    • We should set the expected date - based on effort level (not just 2 years)
  • Builders for ops will be on PST Wednesday 
  • Email on time cards - AURA sepcific
    • also new system - some people do not have codes yet
    • and the reqless replacement are causing pain and suffering. 
    • Jeff learned how to put in a vacation request. Ask him for help if you need to do that. 

Last weeks unfinished sentence - we may need new scope options document hence some update (I can probably do it ours were updated main new thing is OPS inpact) 

DEI


Rubin seeking interested individuals to support the meetings. All are virtual and all have different specifics as defined below.

  1. SHPE (Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers) 
  2. National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP)
  3. Society of Women Engineers (SWE)

Requires specific time at virtual booth perhaps .

SHPE is at the end of this month and could use some more participation. 

monthly
Expect monthly report any day .... (expect around Wednesday, some milestones that we had marked done, have reverted to undone. Kevin tried to fix it, but if you see any errors in the report, just mark it done again) 
DM-CCBNo meeting this week because of the bootcamp, and Gabriele is on vacation
Gen 3 middleware development
  • Chipping away at usabilty issues.
  • Jim's big schema tweak won't land Nov 1. Probably 1 week delay, due to time spent prepping materials for the bootcamp.   Do we postpone schema change until after the rollout or do we postpone the rollout?  Wil is open to postponing the Nov 1 release to science pipelines until the schema change is done.  Revisit this next Monday at the DMLT. 
OCPSRobert Gruendl
  • Did the meeting with Robert Gruendl and Robert Lupton et al occur? No. 
L2 Milestones

FE: One test plan will be lead by Gregory and the other by Simon.

GPDF: I've started and am comfortable in it now and can help Simon get started. You have to get into the system engineering mindset.

Michelle Butler is free to claim LDM-503-10 (DAQ Validation). Working on 10b and finishing up Leanne's review.  Try to get LDM-503-11a (ComCam ops readiness) done by the end of Oct that it's in the following monthly report. 

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Risks or Schedule

Risk items needing review

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Status days since review
Loading...
Refresh

Overdue risks (obligation date passed)

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

Risk mitigations due at the end of this month

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Overdue risk mitigations

 

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

Any other businessFrossie Economou
Availability


Boot camp .. Will start with an overview of Ops. Might be of interest to everyone. 

WOM also in Simons Observatory Review - so not available this week.

Tim Jenness will know by Friday if he has federal jury duty next week

Today is a holiday in Chile

Gregory Dubois-Felsmann will be involved in the SPHEREx PDR essentially all day from Tuesday  through Tuesday  and will not be available for DMLT/SST/Arch on Monday  .  I will have some Rubin time in the late afternoons.

 Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Wil O'Mullane — schedule a discussion about rolling out data products and capabilities to users without having them scoop the project or swamp our resources.  
23 Mar 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Michelle ButlerRead RFC-741 and comment on whether its viable (+ find out if permissible at SLAC)   
24 Nov 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
  • Wil O'MullaneDraft PR for Focus Friday to allow non-urgent Qs on Slack without expectation of response.  
07 Dec 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
07 Dec 2020Robert LuptonDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
  • All. Be prepared to provide feedback on whether test plan provides the tests and rigor necessary to declare Gen3 open for DM use/development. 
21 Dec 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
  • Frossie Economou insert milestones TL;DR in meeting notes here, since Fritz was not asked to take notes until after your segment
Frossie EconomouDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
  • Fritz Mueller Get together with Colin and Frossie, and define milestones for RSP dependencies on Qserv
Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
  • Leanne Guyto determine which 1a/1b requirements need "mountain" or on-sky data
Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
Yusra AlSayyadDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh