(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Location

Zoom link in bookmark on #dm-camelot  on slack

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Regrets

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Noteslast time Yusra
Project Updates

April 22

  • Camera mid May - date is not mean to be very public
    • trying to get M2 off before that
  • M2 / ComCam / M1M3 Installation
    • Refrigeration Cabinets must be installed on TMA
    • As much Dome overhead install as possible (light baffles / duct supports / Calibration screen)
    • Dome Must be clean overhead
    • Look for readiness review in early June
  • ComCam onsky planning workshop soon
  • Ops rehearsal #4 – currently leaning toward week of
  • Developing Review schedule proposal for Agency review on 3 May
    • Data security #1 (around RCW)  and #2 (with LSSTCam data)
    • Construction Closeout #1 (Nov?), #2, #3
      • DMSR is all that counts for Construction
      • Possibly #2 after LSSTCam First Light, Mar-Apr 2025
      • #3 will be end of Construction money, Aug-Sep 2025
      • Likely need a longer meeting to decide how to tell the story that users can do science with the data at end of Construction
    • Coordination with Operations Reviews
    • Celebratory Events (Simonyi naming / First Light / Dedication)
  • AMCR - May 7-8th  (Next in Chile in Nov)
    • Lunch for locals on May 7 .. Frossie Economou Tim Jenness email was sent ..
    • Will need a DM status (15-30m) - taking JSR slides - anything interesting anyone wants to add .. (e.g. from OR3)
    • Staging area
  • AHM - May 9

April 15

  • JOR
  • Minister of Science on summit

From the 8th

  • JSR recs  - 2 for DM but 1 is duplicated with Management and the other is more broad (assigned to Chuck)
  • Level 4 - restricted how do we get good quality photos.
  • Camera Pre-Ship Review - Wednesday
  • Comms channels  and images . https://dmtn-286.lsst.io/v/DM-43193/index.html
    • Need to determine which channels will move to the new/old staff/commissioning-only Project Slack
    • Image links will be implemented using links to the USDF RSP; need to write this into the DMTN
  • Security review forming - first may be at SLAC 1 location with video from Chile .. could be in next few months. 
Project AHM


Thursday May 9th 09:15 Pacific https://rubinobs.zoom.us/j/95249299974?pwd=MDZJclBtSDY1Z255eGZDQ0hVRWRIdz09

DEI


See  #inclusion and https://www.lsst.org/about/dei

Community link: https://community.lsst.org/c/eji/45

IDF->DAC

We will run out of IDF money in June - USDF budget can not afford the full thing. Suggestions:

  • Turn off Qserv dev/int/prod and delete storage (~$60K a month).
  • Drop DP0.1 entirely (do we have to do that via butler query ? and drop the refs from Butler ?) — no problem with this
  • When we have client server ready drop DP0.2
    • meanwhile there are exercises planned on IDF so it would be good to keep 0.2 for now
    • copy 0.2 to USDF from IDF or FrDF?
      • Leanne to look into any differences between them
  • Everyone wants to avoid interruption in DP0.2 service
  • Need to document budget and consumption rates for another meeting to decide how to save IDF costs
    • Wil O'Mullane to set a follow up meeting about the IDF budget  
  • Having DP0.2 is useful for development and RSP service integration (but could maybe downsize to 2 tracts)
  • Could maybe provide datalinker service from USDF now without full Butler access
Report
all done thanks
Review

Potential Security Review 1 - around Community Workshop at SLAC. This will fall mostly on Wil, Cristián, and probably Yee or Jim/K-T from SLAC  side.  We should basically show where we are with DMTN-199 including NIST and AP implementation of streak removal.

  • Richard looking at generating a checklist

Potential Security Review 2 - likely after First Light, maybe coincident with one of the Construction Closeout reviews

In theory no JSR this summer - May be some sort of Operations Readiness Review and it may be next Spring and may be in Chile.

Paper

https://github.com/lsst-pst/pstn-017/pull/13  Updates from a week ago.

  • PSTN-019 should be written before this goes in.

Yusra may produce the list of all DM authors sorted by time on project.

  • Every author must explicitly accept to be on the paper.

There is a trans to ops section we should turn that in to verification and use ComCam to show off DM.

Summit ↔ USDF butler transfersColin Slater 
  • Are we aiming for a general capability to transfer pipeline products from the summit to the USDF, and vice versa? I.e. calexps, collections containing those calexps, commissioning-user-driven pipelines etc.
Review of Project Milestones


https://www.lsst.org/about/project-status

Level 2 Milestones


See also LSST Verification & Validation Documentation and docsteady.lsst.io.

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Risk Review




Risk items needing review

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Status days since review
Loading...
Refresh

Overdue risks (obligation date passed)

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

Risk mitigations due at the end of this month

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Overdue risk mitigations

 

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

DMLT Travel & Availability this week



Any Other Business


Frossie .
Action review



RFCs

Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Frossie Economou Will recommend additional Level 3 milestones for implementation beyond just the DAX-9 Butler provenance milestone.   
15 Mar 2022Frossie EconomouDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2022-02-15 to 17
  • Kian-Tat Lim Convene a meeting with Colin, Tim, Robert, Yusra to resolve graph generation with per-dataset quantities (likely based on Consolidated DB work).  
18 Mar 2022Kian-Tat LimDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2022-02-15 to 17
  • Frossie Economou Write an initial draft in the Dev Guide for what "best effort" support means  
17 Nov 2023Frossie EconomouDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting - 2023-Oct-24
  • Convene a group to redo the T-12 month DRP diagram and define scope expectations Yusra AlSayyad 
30 Nov 2023Yusra AlSayyadDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting - 2023-Oct-24
11 Dec 2023Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting - 2023-Oct-24
02 May 2024Frossie EconomouDMLT Meeting - 2024-04-22
22 May 2024 DMLT Meeting - 2024-04-22
  • Richard Dubois USDF part in data facilities for PSTN-017 and distrib processing ? 
22 May 2024Richard DuboisDMLT Meeting - 2024-04-22
22 May 2024Fabio HernandezDMLT Meeting - 2024-04-22
  • Tim Jenness - section on middleware for PSTN-017  
22 May 2024Tim JennessDMLT Meeting - 2024-04-22
  • Cristián Silva - section on summit/data acquisition  for PSTN-017  
22 May 2024Cristián SilvaDMLT Meeting - 2024-04-22
  • Cristián Silva if you come to SLAC lets have plenty of photos of locks and racks etc ..
Cristián SilvaDMLT Meeting - 2024-04-29
Richard DuboisDMLT Meeting - 2024-04-29

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh