Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Regrets

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates
  • More intense scrutiny in risk assessment next month. Especially in line with LCRs (LCR-2045, LCR-2148).
    • I think we have a few risks on hardware which now are pure Ops.
  • Dates — Joint (DOE/NSF) quarterly meeting in Chile April 27/28 - also AURA members rep meeting 28/29 April, Board meeting 30 April. Need to do open house (Leanne did last year). 
  • Directors Review week of July 20; Status Review Aug 30 (still provisional, but likely).
  • Ranpal —
    • IAU office of Astronomy for Development meeting in SA last week  - sustainable development and how astronomy can help. 
    • Today Transients 2020 started for the week - today data rights session from four perspectives.   Lively discussion . recommendations will be made. 
    • Potential unrest in Chile during April (referendum) - no solid plans yet from AURA/Ruben ob. Stay on mountain - go directly to the mountain.  
  • Jeff Barr —
    • Big mount pieces going in to dome - see webcam. Alison going perhaps in a couple of weeks with Stubbs/Lupton. 
    • All contracts for summit have been rebid and accepted (same providers)
    • Casino on summit  - concession  being recompeated 2 proposals are in. Question - why continue - could use Pachon Casino (distance and restricted schedule). We need the flexibility for probably 2 years.
  • Vincent — Refrigerant purchase from construction budget - would be enough for getting to nominal ops (3 full loads) .. need a load(charge) each 2 years in ops - Kevin and Vincent will get in touch with Phil
Viz on the mountain

RHL reports problems with Firefly on the mountain

  • I am not sure I expected firefly on the mountain
  • Were we evaluating Ginga / js9 as alternatives for more DM debug work?

Discussion:

  • Firefly is the best tool DM has for use on the mountain.
  • Nevertheless, not everybody expected to see it in use like this.
  • Making sure Nublado is available on the mountain will help alleviate these issues.
  • Some bug fixes are already being worked on, and that will continue, but resources at IPAC are limited.
  • Some requests are for work that are not funded through the existing plan.
  • Yusra AlSayyad — get the Image Display WG report published before the upcoming DMLT vF2F.  
  • John Swinbank — add a discussion of image display to the vF2F agenda.  
Supporting AuxTel activities

Suggestion of an auxtel-critical label that we review daily.

Frossie Economou suggests that a check-box would be better. Agreed to do that.

  • Frossie Economou — add a “critical for upcoming observing” checkbox to the DM Jira project.  
DMLT vF2F
  • The next DMLT face-to-face meeting will be virtual (ie, on BlueJeans), and will take place from 25 to 27 February (ie in four weeks).
  • Note previously incorrectly advertised as 24 through 27; sorry for any confusion.
  • Details are on this Confluence page.
  • Please add your suggested agenda items to that page by 10 February.
CCB
  • RFC-666 - update of LDM-294 .. at least freshen for review season.. Leanne Guy includes SST org chart update
Level 2 Milestones

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Any other business
-
DMLT travel & availability this week
  • Michelle Butler on personal time off 2/4–2/11 (can be contacted if needed; just visiting family).  
  • Wil O'Mullane in South Africa (mostly working, but in a different timezone).
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann traveling to CT for the 100th birthday of my aunt 2/12-2/15.  I should be fully available remotely on Friday 2/14; W/Th 2/12-13 will be vacation time.

RFCs

Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Wil O'Mullane — ensure that a standardized deployment mechanism is documented and required across subsystems.  
25 Nov 2019Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Face-to-Face Meeting, 2019-10-28 to 30
16 Mar 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
16 Mar 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
23 Mar 2020Robert LuptonDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Fritz Mueller — report on progress on Cassandra / APDB to the DMLT.  
23 Mar 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Wil O'Mullane — schedule a discussion about rolling out data products and capabilities to users without having them scoop the project or swamp our resources.  
23 Mar 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • All DMLT members: Review SQuaRE-provided documentation on the EFD and provided written feedback.  
30 Mar 2020 DMLT Meeting - 2020-03-16
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
30 Mar 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Robert Gruendl  — prepare a technote defining the meaning of “bulk download”.  
30 Mar 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Eric Bellm  — submit an LCR describing changes to the construction plan to enable incremental template generation.  
30 Mar 2020Eric BellmDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Leanne Guy — Consider how to engage with calibration product data management from product owner side.  
01 Apr 2020Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Wil O'Mullane — Ensure that operations-era maintenance of packaging and distribution is captured in the Ops WBS (pretty sure that at the moment, it is mentioned, but the only associated resources are from IN2P3; not clear if that's adequate).   
02 Apr 2020Wil O'MullaneDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-30
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
06 Apr 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Fritz Mueller  — find somebody to update the online schema browser.  
06 Apr 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Colin Slater  — ensure change control policy for BaselineSchema.yaml is documented.  
06 Apr 2020Colin SlaterDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Wil O'Mullane — write a technote descibing his understanding of schema management DM-23658 - Getting issue details... STATUS .    
06 Apr 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
13 Apr 2020Leanne GuyDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-30
  • Gabriele Comoretto & Architecture team — ensure a version of the detailed DM product tree (LDM-ized version of DMTN-104) is baselined.  
28 Apr 2020Gabriele ComorettoDM Leadership Team Face-to-Face Meeting, 2019-10-28 to 30
  • Leanne Guy  — produce a plan for interaction between the DPDD and the concrete SDM schema. DM-23818 - Getting issue details... STATUS    
04 May 2020Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Frossie Economou  — get JS9 and Ginga integrated into the LSP JupyterLab environment (date TBC).  
04 May 2020Frossie EconomouDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh