Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Location

BrowserRoom SystemPhone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Time

10:00am PT

Attendees

Regrets

DMLT Meeting Goals

  • Weekly meeting to keep the DM leadership team coordinated, informed, and in agreement on the vision, priorities, and challenges facing DM construction, including surfacing and resolving issues and ambiguities needing our attention. The goal of this meeting is to provide information and decisions that help each one of us better direct our own (or our team's) activities.

Discussion Items

Guidelines: Propose items in line with the meeting rationale (see above); include as much information in the agenda notes; summarize, don't go into details while on the call; maximize time available for discussion. 

Begin Meeting at 10:02 PT

ItemWho

Notes

DM Org Chart UpdatesJohn Swinbank

Here.

Further discussion of these changes at next week's F2F.

DM Review in JulyJohn Swinbank

Details on the 2017 NSF/DOE DM Review page. No changes to that agenda since last week. Comments/suggests/corrections to Wil O'Mullane.

May DMLT F2FJohn Swinbank

Next week. Details here.

Focus on preparation for DM review. Topics listed on the meeting page, with requests for slides from:

Please feel free to add further suggestions.

Product TreeJohn Swinbank

Current status of the Product Tree.

Homework for the DMLT F2F: come armed with suggestions for updates/changes to that tree. In particular, look for products that may fall between gaps at the interfaces between teams (e.g. persistence framework, obs package for your favourite camera...).

Overdue RFCs

RFCs with "Planned end" past "now".

Key Summary T Status
Loading...
Refresh

  • It was agreed to postpone RFC-305 - Getting issue details... STATUS until the end of the month at the request of Frossie Economou.
  • There was some discussion on RFC-308 - Getting issue details... STATUS and it was agreed that the RFC should be adopted.
  • The end date for RFC-280 - Getting issue details... STATUS was moved at the request of Jim Bosch.
  • Fritz Mueller reported that he is discussing RFC-331 - Getting issue details... STATUS with Fabio Hernandez.
  • There was a discussion of RFC-333 - Getting issue details... STATUS resulting in some updates to the ticket. We all agreed that consistent usage is a good idea although there was some confusion as to whether DPDD and cat were compliant.
  • RFC-326 - Getting issue details... STATUS will be adopted pending a clarification of the triggered work required.
  • The end date RFC-243 - Getting issue details... STATUS has been moved to reflect the ongoing work on verification and validation planning which should result in a concrete proposal for this work.
Outstanding DMLT actions

See links and action item report below.

Change Control Board report

Change requests of interest to DM

  • Mario Juric commented on LCR-943 and would like some minor modifications made to LSE-63 before accepting it.
  • LCR-908 was discussed. We clarified what work was needed before we could push the LCR to a vote.
  • Tim Jenness Create a DM RFC to make the work required for LCR-908 more visible.   RFC-336 - Getting issue details... STATUS
DMLT Travel & Availability This Week

Wil O'Mullane - at SLAC Monday thru Wed;

Matters arising
LSST:UK meeting

Mario Juric gave a brief verbal report; will distribute a written summary by mail shortly.







End Meeting at 10:55 PT

Past action items

Recently created open actions (from the ~previous two DMLT meetings):

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Fritz Mueller — write a SOW for APDB POC on a cloud provider. 
05 Oct 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • John Swinbank Arrange focused brainstorming meeting with RHL, TIm, Chris , Jim, Yusra, John - to get DMTN-148 further updated . Should at least list all calibration cases even if not solved.  
30 Sep 2020John SwinbankDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Leanne Guy — agree Gen3 acceptance tests for November 1.   DM-26798 - Getting issue details... STATUS
28 Sep 2020Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Michelle Butler — understand the parameter space for getting a “long term lease” on an SSH connection to NCSA, and discuss with Wil O'Mullane what wiggle room we have.  
28 Sep 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
28 Sep 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Wil O'Mullane — send out Doodle polls for calendar 2021 DMLT meetings.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Wil O'Mullane — update the Developer Guide to reflect the plans for a Quiet Day.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17