Zoom alias :




Metric tracking dashboards

Rubin science pipelines weekly change log and  Github repo:

Status of jenkins jobs and slack channle for notifications:  #dmj-s_verify_drp_metrics slack channel 

Discussion items

ItemWhoPre-meeting notesMinutes
News, announcements and task review


  • Review of actions from last week
    • Meeting with analysis_drp developers to discuss technical aspects of shared code for selectors, etc., on 28 April

CI status, bugs, issues of the week

  • Some metric values changed on 20 April.
Faro Development status 
  • Spring 2022 epic  DM-33385 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Backlog epic:  DM-29525 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Progress on conversion to parquet

Current PRs:

  • Absolute astrometry (AA1):
    • Using smatch matcher. Same KDTree matcher algorithm as used for brightIsolatedStarAssociationTask for matching to external reference.
    • Is there a recommended approach to
  • Stellar locus (wPerp):
    • On hold until discussions with analysis_drp
  • Source table with calibrations applied DM-33959 - Getting issue details... STATUS expected this week

Data processing campaigns  

  • RC2/DC2 reprocessing epic : DM-26911 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • w_2021_40 RC2:   DM-32248 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • w_2021_44 DC2 : DM-32391 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • AuxTel (Erik Dennihy )
  • AP/DiffIm ()
  • AuxTel
    • Made a project repo at NCSA to store AuxTel data until there is automated processing at the data facility
      • Erik Dennihy to add repo and collection information here  
    • Project repo for Auxtel survey image data processing at NCSA: 


    •  Useful complete collections within data repo:
      • "u/edennihy/E6A_singleFrame" - contains full singleFrame output for all g,r,i images in E6A field taken since Oct 2021
      • "u/edennihy/E6A_coadd" - contains full coadds for g, r, and i from images in above collection
        • Keith Bechtol to notify Erik when epic for AuxTel imaging campaign data analysis is ready  
    • First coadds have been produced
    • Moving into object detection and object table generation
    • Try to push the photometric repeatability metrics
    • All the data analysis is happening a NCSA.
  • Computing facilities and relevant datasets for in-kind contributors
    • NCSA or defer a few months
    • Richard Dubois is the person to ask for USDF status / timeline
    • Resources to get Antu stiid up

Created ticket for loading metrics in DP0.2 DM-34556 - Getting issue details... STATUS


Potential co-working session ideas here

Next meeting   

List of tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Leanne Guy to talk to Science Pipelines (Yusra) about when do this transfer  
19 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-09-28 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Leanne Guy arrange to disucss at a future meeting if there are metrics from PDR3 & this paper that we might want to include in faro.   
26 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-08-31 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin to ask about capturing ideas for improvement to the stellar locus algorithm   
30 Nov 2021 2021-11-09 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin Slater to make a preliminary draft agenda for a workshop to clarify visualization use cases for science verification and validation
Colin Slater2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Jeffrey Carlin to review metric specification package organization and the relationship to formal requirements documents
Jeffrey Carlin2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol Schedule a time to have focused discussion on verification package, potentially next status meeting
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol to make a ticket to better understand mapping of these camera and calibration products characterization efforts to verification documents and the focus of these efforts. Discuss with the SCLT
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes