4pm Pacific Time
- Eric Bellm
- Ian Sullivan
- Krzysztof Findeisen
- Unknown User (cmorrison)
- Yusra AlSayyad
- Andrew Connolly
- Kenneth Herner
- Colin Slater
- Meredith Rawls
- Krzysztof Suberlak
- Zeljko Ivezic
- Jeffrey Carlin
- Spencer Nelson (out sick)
Topics for discussion:
- Precursor processing (AP team):
- Spencer Nelson
on pipelines profiling(out sick)
- ran profiling on DC2 imsim data in - DM-31653Getting issue details... STATUS , in ~215 seconds.
- (very little association, so an under-estimate of performance)
- discussion at Pipelines team meeting identified some DRP-specific measurements during ISR that we can remove. Otherwise no single big slow pieces. Think about minimizing IO for calibration frames/preload.
- Colin: what about using multiple cores? Eric: good point, future work
- DECam HiTS with fakes and Saha Bulge reprocessing both got held up by middleware changes ( - DM-31769Getting issue details... STATUS , - DM-32407Getting issue details... STATUS , others.). Close to resumption now.
- Spencer Nelson
- SITCOM team updates (Andrew Connolly et al.):
- working on closed-loop comcam simulated out of focus images–mirror support loop now converges. now waiting for T&S to give some simulated pointings. hope to wrap this up with crowded fields, ready to integrate into T&S code. Next look at rotational dependence
- working on analyzing AuxTel data. Translating zernikes into moving the secondary mirror for collimation
- Krzysztof Suberlak : series of out of focus and in-focus images. trying to understand reproducability run-to-run.
- trying to look at differential zernike as a function of hexapod movement, since don't have a good AT model
- Eric: how big are the physical shifts that these zernike changes represent? Andy: about a mm shifts
- Chris Stubbs asked about dependences on free seeing
- Colin: how to think about the units of the zernike coefficients? Andy: for AT, we don't know how stable it is. don't know if scatter is mechanical hysteresis, or mirror shape, etc.
- Eric: anything DM can help with? Andy: DM astrometry is working well. AT pointing is only good to 40" or so, so blind crossmatch is tough. Not using butler exactly as DM would like–trying to pre-calculate catalogs needed prior to observations. Next is masking & deblending donuts, unclear how much existing DM helps. Want to move T&S zernike code to galsim, but requires a version bump.
- PreOps V&V (Colin Slater ):
- DP0.2 pilot runs are running, lots of data on disk–getting the V&V team geared up to look at it, prepare for full-scale processing. No results to share yet. Hopes to get Tim Morton's plot viewer onto the IDF
- Eric: we do "QA" and V&V lots of ways–any sense of how this is going to proceed from a tooling process? Colin: using this as forcing function to explore/consolidate.
- Review CI (https://chronograf-demo.lsst.codes/):
- Jump in HiTS (but not COSMOS) DIAObject counts on 10/26–annotated as same time as
DM-31491Getting issue details...
- Unknown User (cmorrison) investigate HiTS objects counts job on 10/26
- Chris thinks this is a process ordering issue (HiTS has more CCDs than HSC so more like to block), thinks due to - DM-32131Getting issue details... STATUS
- fakes haven't changed
- Jump in HiTS (but not COSMOS) DIAObject counts on 10/26–annotated as same time as - DM-31491Getting issue details... STATUS
- Next meetings (all at 4pm Pacific):
- December 6
- Jan 3?
|Description||Due date||Assignee||Task appears on|
|30 Jan 2023||Eric Bellm||AP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-01-23|