Date

Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/690803707

or 

https://ls.st/rsv


  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 690803707 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 690803707

Attendees

Regrets

Metric Tracking Dashboard

URL:

Discussion items

ItemWhoPre-meeting notesNotes and  Action Items 
News, announcements and task review
  • Keith has run timing tests on loading metrics into memory via the RSP 
  • Question from first-look analysis discussions: we put information in butler, but then how do we get this information to the observer? Is there an all-done signal returned from OCPS? Do we envision routine monitoring / querying?
  • Commissioning test planning, based on DM experience
    •  write tests "just-in-time". 
    • mapping of system-level test cases to test plans and tying these to milestones
    • have test plans for data taking on the summit
  • Erik: LATISS vs ComCam dataset. For illuminated images, ComCam is a bit easier to use since AuxTel requires active summit support for clearance on slewing the telescope and turning on the lamp. ComCam is always available unless otherwise under testing/maintenance and the lamp is left on. For darks/biases, both ComCam and LATISS are regularly available. 

Timing tests 

  • 30 mins to just load metrics into memory in the RSP. 
  • With w_2021_33 on RSP, takes 10 seconds to queryDatasets for 48K measurements.
  • Takes 1m52s to load 10K Measurements into memory.
  • What about using parquet files? We don't have to use lsst.verify as the im-memory storage. Could use astropy tables. Simon thinks yaml parsing is the bottleneck.  Metrics computed on small scales will inevitable result in  irreducible I/O. 
  • Discussion to date has been informal. This is really a request with a commissioning hat on. 

sandbox dashboard

  • manage with tags in the interim 
  • sasquatch product from Angelo  will unify squash/efd. 

define faro failure status task:

  • marked as done – Jira ticket  DM-31327 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Keith Bechtol Leanne Guy to start to plan verification activities for commissioning.   
  • Keith Bechtol writes a ticket to DM architecture to describe need for loading metric values in memory efficiently. Start by looking at the use cases.  

Bugs, issues, topics, etc of the week

All
  • mypy might be tricky as we have to add type hints. Not mandated but new packages are using them. 

Reprocessing status and metrics review  


  • Rename jenkins job to "verify_drp_metrics". 
  • Verification dataset to be renamed "rc2_subset". 
  • Simon can now set up jenkins jobs and data repository sorted ASAP – expect to have metrics from CI & new dataset for next meeting. 

PDR3 processing 

  • Planned for in the coming months 
  • Focus on a more complete version of faro for this processing 
  • PDR3 paper ... link
  • Leanne Guy arrange to disucss at a future meeting if there are metrics from PDR3 & this paper that we might want to include in faro.   
Development status 
  • Fall 2021 epic  DM-30748 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Backlog epic:  DM-29525 - Getting issue details... STATUS

PR for faro documentation,  DM-25839 - Getting issue details... STATUS both conceptual overview and how to use https://github.com/lsst/faro/pull/101

  • Is there a list of HSC RC2 reprocessed repos to point to?
  • What should go in the package README file? Probably this should point to the package documentation on lsst.pipelines.io
  • Should we include documentation on dispatching metrics?
  • Getting high-level documentation to appear in regular documentation build https://pipelines.lsst.io/#python-modules. Currently a stub for high-level documentation appears in daily documentation build https://pipelines.lsst.io/v/daily/modules/lsst.faro/index.html
  • Sufficient work to start a review now

Co-work for development: 

  • Keith Bechtolto set up a doodle poll for a co-work session for faro development  
AOB

 No meeting next week due to JDR. Next meeting:  

Agenda page for JDR: https://project.lsst.org/reviews/jdr2021



List of tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Leanne Guy to talk to Science Pipelines (Yusra) about when do this transfer  
19 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-09-28 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Leanne Guy arrange to disucss at a future meeting if there are metrics from PDR3 & this paper that we might want to include in faro.   
26 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-08-31 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin to ask about capturing ideas for improvement to the stellar locus algorithm   
30 Nov 2021 2021-11-09 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Jeffrey Carlin to review metric specification package organization and the relationship to formal requirements documents
Jeffrey Carlin2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin Slater to make a preliminary draft agenda for a workshop to clarify visualization use cases for science verification and validation
Colin Slater2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol Schedule a time to have focused discussion on verification package, potentially next status meeting
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol to make a ticket to better understand mapping of these camera and calibration products characterization efforts to verification documents and the focus of these efforts. Discuss with the SCLT
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes