Prototype Data Access Center (PDAC) meetings take place every other Thursday at 9:00 Project Time on the BlueJeans infrastructure-meeting channel: https://bluejeans.com/383721668
Key: AGENDA TOPICS, DISCUSSION, FOLLOWUP
|qserve master status|
- Currently blocked on GPFS instability.
- Igor needs 48hrs of uninterrupted system uptime to load catalogs. The group has a milestone to load WISE data by end of Nov.
- May move to a strategy of keeping 2-3 copies of data across multiple nodes.
- Igor Gaponenko suggests investigating using native (RO) GPFS connections on PDAC.
- So far, system has met expectations (modulo GPFS issues).
- Local RAID is used for backups.
- Igor Gaponenko advised to go ahead and load the system to see if the problem recurs. Stress test.
|GPFS instability status|
- One of 2 GPFS servers is down.
- The GPFS client’s failed over automatically, and the admin's manually failed over the NFS this morning.
- IBM is at NCSA today figuring out problem.
|Request to increase limits and swap space for qserv pdac||Unknown User (pdomagala)|
IHS-488Getting issue details...
- Since this is a system-wide change that effects all users. We'll be redirecting this to the DM chage control process.