- Gregory Dubois-Felsmann
- Unknown User (xiuqin)
- Trey Roby
- Tatiana Goldina
- Fritz Mueller
- Frossie Economou
- Simon Krughoff
- Brian Van Klaveren
- Kian-Tat Lim
- Kenny Lo
- Leanne Guy (one day only - probably Tuesday - TBD))
- Christine Banek
- Colin Slater
- Adam Thornton (remote)
- Angelo Fausti (remote)
- Loi Ly (remote)
- Unknown User (cwang) (remote)
- David Shupe (remote, Weds and Thurs only)
- James Basney (local)
- Unknown User (awithers) (local)
- Matias Carrasco Kind (local)
- Hsin-Fang Chiang
- Steve Pietrowicz (local)
Remote attendance will be possible.
Remote access will be by Webex: https://ncsaevents.webex.com/ncsaevents/j.php?MTID=mae5edd6bd6eb3d96f1bcfca39c1a1c07
|12pm-1:30pm||Lunch on your own|
|12:30pm-1:30pm||Lunch on your own|
|1:30pm-3pm||NCSA 1040||talk on SciToken and Oauth2 James Basney Michelle Butler|
(This session was in practice used for an extended discussion of SciTokens and the possible role of capability-based authorization. The original agenda items below were moved to Thursday:)
VO standards LSST DM will implement Gregory Dubois-Felsmann
Development status report from DAX team Brian Van Klaveren
list of tasks to do Fritz Mueller
(The morning agenda items below were more or less covered in the extended Wednesday afternoon session on SciTokens, etc.: )
|12:30pm-2pm||Lunch and tour NCSA facility (we can have lunch delivered for those who want to visit the facility)|
|3:30pm-5pm||NCSA 1040||hack session: DAX set up WebDAV and SUIT access it from portal|
|User workspace requirements|
|Arch and Blockers|
|Authentication and Authorization|
Suggested topics for discussion
|Topic||Requested by||Time required (estimate)||Notes|
|Deployments of all three aspects within one instance|
|Connect all three aspects|
|WebDAV API for workspace|
|Python access to LSST data (next to database process)|
|Tour of NPCF facility||1.5 hours||If desired, a tour of the National Petascale Computing Facility can be arranged. ~45 minute tour with 10-15 minutes travel each way.|
|Perspectives from elsewhere in NCSA:|
- LSP Requirements: LDM-554
- LSP Design: LDM-542
- Data Access White Paper: Document-5373
- For reference: original text file with agenda contents draft for this workshop
Home2 Suites by Hilton Champaign/Urbana
2013 S. Neil St.
Champaign, IL 61820
Erin Carlson will be doing a rooming list. The hotel is self-pay upon check-out. As long as a TR is placed for this meeting, she will add you to the list for the dates of travel.
9.25.18- sent rooming list to hotel. Please let Erin know if there are changes to your TR and/or dates.
10.2.18- hotel rooming list with confirmation numbers
10.5.18- updated rooming list
Food nearest NCSA:
- Daily Byte (sandwiches); NCSA Lobby
- Daily Byte II (sandwiches); Electrical Engineering Building lobby (1 block east)
- Einsteins (sandwiches); Siebel Center lobby (next building south)
- Beckman Café (cafeteria-style; sandwiches and hot entrees with vegetarian & vegan options); Beckman Institute (1 block east-northeast)
- Other (north and east on University Ave):
- Burger King
- Dairy Queen
- Taco Bell
- Niro’s Gyros
- Food Trucks (varies by day); Two blocks south near Mathews and Springfield
Many more options slightly farther afield (3/4 to 1 mile):
DINNER / NIGHTLIFE / SHOPPING
- Downtown Champaign has a variety of restaurants, bars, and clubs, as well as a movie theater or two, e.g.:
- Downtown Urbana is smaller, but also has numerous restaurants and clubs, e.g.:
- South Neil near the hotel there is Harvest Market (grocery store with restaurant), Papa Del's (new location), Starbucks, Moe’s Southwestern Grill, Scotty’s Brewhouse, etc.
- North Prospect Avenue is the main twin cities shopping area, with chain restaurants, Portillio's, big box stores, the Market Place Mall, etc.
- There are a couple parks within walking distance of the hotel -- Mattis Park and the Boulware Trail to the west and Hessel Park to the north.
The University of Illinois Willard Airport is 5 miles south of the Home2suites in the village of Savoy. Taxi, Lyft, or Uber should be about $12 plus tip.
C-U buses generally cost $1 per one-way trip. iStops are campus stops where it is unnecessary to pay a fare to ride the Gold, Illini, Silver, Teal, and Yellow routes. iStop locations are indicated on individual route maps with an iStop symbol (an orange octagon with a white "i" inside) and are identified as such on bus stop signs at the stop location.
The Brown route is closest to the Home2 Suites with a stop at Fox Drive and State Street. Disembark at Springfield and Sixth; NCSA is ½ mile northeast. Route 9B is counter-clockwise (to NCSA), route 9A is clockwise (to the hotel).
A Gold route stop is a long block north of the hotel at State and Kirby. Disembark at the Ceramics building shelter on Goodwin Avenue; NCSA is 0.3 miles north. Take Gold East to NCSA, Gold West to the hotel.
Use the C-U MTD Trip Planner to investigate times and options, but beware of options having you board/disembark at Lot E-14 or St. Mary's and Oak. To get to/from the hotel you have to traverse the narrow St. Mary's Road under an overpass with no sidewalk or shoulder and plenty of morning/evening traffic.