02C.07.01.03 Pipeline Control and Infrastructure
- Determine data to process
- per sky tract?
- Submit jobs to orchestration system
- All visits can be generated in parallel
- Then visits can be warped to tract WCS in parallel (some visits in multiple tracts)
02C.04.03 PSF Estimation Pipeline
PSF varies spatially and with source brightness.
- Decompose PSF into atmospheric and telescope/camera components.
- Estimate telescope/camera component using wavefront sensor and metrology.
- Estimate atmospheric component by using bright, isolated stars.
02C.04.04 Image Coaddition Pipeline
- Basic snap/visit processing (02C.03.01):
- Instrument signature removal
- Cosmic ray rejection
- Basic PSF determination
- Source extraction and basic WCS calibration
- Apply results of relative astrometric solution from Single Frame Pipeline
- Warp images to common coordinate system
- Co-add images, optionally with “background matching"
02C.04.05 Object Detection and Deblending
- Detect sources on co-adds
02C.04.06 Object Characterization Pipeline
- Associate CoaddSources with Level 1 catalog and single frame catalog
- Source characterization:
- Single-epoch characterization
- Point source model fit
- Bulge-disk model fit
- Trailed model fit
- Dipole model fit
- Adaptive moments
- Petrosian and Kron fluxes
- Aperture surface brightness
- Resolved/unresolved object separation
- Variability Characterization
- Forced photometry
02C.06.01.01 Catalogs, Alerts and Metadata
- Level 1 Catalog
- External Catalogs
- Catalogs from single frame processing
- Write (during DRP / Read by SUI):
- Object catalog
- Forced Sources catalog
02C.05.02 Data Analysis and Visualization Tools
- Display and plot catalog from single visit
- Display cutout of deep coadd and associated catalog overlay.
- Display time-series for a selected source
- View alert history for selected source including annotations.
- Send complex query to object catalog and display results
- Obtain provenance information for an Object (visits included, data release number, software versions used, associated alerts)
- Create DOI for query
Relevant Key Performance Metrics