Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Location

BrowserRoom SystemPhone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Regrets

DMLT Meeting Goals

  • Weekly meeting to keep the DM leadership team coordinated, informed, and in agreement on the vision, priorities, and challenges facing DM construction, including surfacing and resolving issues and ambiguities needing our attention. The goal of this meeting is to provide information and decisions that help each one of us better direct our own (or our team's) activities.

Discussion Items

Guidelines: Propose items in line with the meeting rationale (see above); include as much information in the agenda notes; summarize, don't go into details while on the call; maximize time available for discussion. 

ItemWho

Notes

Status of LDM-503-n milestones
  • LDM-503-1 (Gregory Dubois-Felsmann)
    • Test report submitted to Leanne & Wil.
    • RFC coming now.
    • DMTR-52.
  • LDM-503-4 & LDM-503-4b (Michelle Butler / Margaret Gelman)
    • 503-4 spec is complete, DMTR-61 is also on GitHub. (Not approved, I think)
    • We believe that this one test spec & report covers both milestones.
  • LDM-503-5 (Eric Bellm / John Swinbank)
    • Eric Bellm has gone through data facility comments on draft test spec.
    • Revising instructions to run on K8s common.
    • Test plan going into Jira now.
    • Plan is that the AP team will execute this test, rather than handing LDF.
Monthly reportJohn Swinbank
  • Due Wednesday (20 June).
Upcoming ReviewsJohn Swinbank
  • Deadline for documentation for the Directors Review is today. Review the spreadsheet.
    • LDM-294 (John Swinbank) —  RFC-493 - Getting issue details... STATUS — ready for approval — incorporate new diagrams from LDM-148.
    • LDM-503 (John Swinbank) — RFC-492 - Getting issue details... STATUS — ready for approval — incorporate new diagrams from LDM-148.
    • Data Backbone requirements (Michelle Butler / Margaret Gelman) — being actively worked on. Draft version expected Wednesday.
    • LSE-61 (Tim Jenness) — new version to include LCR-1309 — Tim is chasing today — expected “soon”.
    • LDM-554 (Tim Jenness / Gregory Dubois-Felsmann) — RFC-485 - Getting issue details... STATUS — edits from Gregory Dubois-Felsmann coming today, then ready.
    • LDM-562/LDM-602 (Tim Jenness) — Kian-Tat Lim & Tim Jenness to follow-up offline.
    • LDM-638 (Margaret Gelman) —  RFC-490 - Getting issue details... STATUS — is this ready for approval — no, still has major work outstanding. Will not be addressed today.
    • LDM-148 (Kian-Tat Lim) —  RFC-456 - Getting issue details... STATUS — unlikely to get this sensibly reviewed and baselined today. Provide draft version to reviewers. Expecting to have a reasonably good draft in time for the review.
    • LDM-230 (Margaret Gelman) — RFC-422 - Getting issue details... STATUS New draft uploaded to GitHub, needs build fixes; either Michelle Butler or Tim Jenness, then will submit as draft.
    • MOPS documentation (Mario Juric) — no news from Mario — John Swinbank chasing
    • DMTN-065 (Leanne Guy) — Melissa working to get a version of this done today. — done!
    • Nightly reporting (Frossie Economou) — SQR-026, needs a couple of hours, will be done before 15:00.
    • DMTR-052 (Gregory Dubois-Felsmann) —  RFC-494 - Getting issue details... STATUS is done (see above). Going to Docushare now.
    • LDM-639 (Leanne Guy) — draft version available — RFC-495 - Getting issue details... STATUS Lots of contributions from the SST; frontmatter being written by Michael Wood-Vasey; expected today (will still be a draft, but RFCed)
    • DMTR-061 (Michelle Butler / Margaret Gelman) —  RFC-496 - Getting issue details... STATUS final version is done, but no text in GitHub; Margaret Gelman & Michelle Butler is trying to track it down.
    • LSE-72 (Kian-Tat Lim) — Blocked on approval of LCR-1006 from LSST Mgmt. Can we supply the draft version of this? Yes — the docushare version.
    • LSE-140 (Kian-Tat Lim) — Pending flowdown of LCR-581 & LCR-722 — needs a further LCR with “real requirements language”; not happening today — we will use the old version and be ready to talk around it.
  • Aiming to get docs ready-to-go by mid-afternoon today so that we have time to make sure they're all in the appropriate place by the end of the day.
Project UpdatesJohn Swinbank
  • All hands telecon this week.
  • News about staffing transitions coming today.
  • Everybody focused on review prep.
  • Anybody keen to be in the next cohort of management training, please let me know.
News from LSST@Europe, SPIEJohn Swinbank
Overdue RFCs
Change Control Board report
Open Todo items
  • See list below.
DMLT travel & availability this week
  • Overdue RFCs

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Past action items

Open DMLT actions

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Wil O'Mullane — send out Doodle polls for calendar 2021 DMLT meetings.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • T/CAMs — at the next T/CAM call, consider plans for appropriately tracking schedule/variance in the era of Covid.  
25 Sep 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Yusra AlSayyad  — provide a timeline for complete pipeline conversion to Gen3.  
28 Sep 2020Yusra AlSayyadDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Leanne Guy — agree Gen3 acceptance tests for November 1.   DM-26798 - Getting issue details... STATUS
28 Sep 2020Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Michelle Butler — understand the parameter space for getting a “long term lease” on an SSH connection to NCSA, and discuss with Wil O'Mullane what wiggle room we have.  
28 Sep 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
28 Sep 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • John Swinbank Arrange focused brainstorming meeting with RHL, TIm, Chris , Jim, Yusra, John - to get DMTN-148 further updated . Should at least list all calibration cases even if not solved.  
30 Sep 2020John SwinbankDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
05 Oct 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Fritz Mueller — write a SOW for APDB POC on a cloud provider. 
05 Oct 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17