Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Location

BrowserRoom SystemPhone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Regrets

DMLT Meeting Goals

  • Weekly meeting to keep the DM leadership team coordinated, informed, and in agreement on the vision, priorities, and challenges facing DM construction, including surfacing and resolving issues and ambiguities needing our attention. The goal of this meeting is to provide information and decisions that help each one of us better direct our own (or our team's) activities.

Discussion Items

Guidelines: Propose items in line with the meeting rationale (see above); include as much information in the agenda notes; summarize, don't go into details while on the call; maximize time available for discussion. 

ItemWho

Notes

Status of LDM-503-n milestones
EAC & risk status updateJohn Swinbank
  • EAC update slides should be submitted to Victor by tomorrow.
  • Risk update due 15 April.
    • Still waiting for template from Kevin Long which will be provided here.
May DMLT F2F
  • May 22–24, UW (Seattle).
  • You should now have submitted your travel requests.
    • Hotels are expensive; book soon. Try the Residence Inn for govt rate.
  • Please add suggestions to the fine agenda.
  • John Swinbank: Discuss the possibility of a DMLT F2F block hotel booking with Erin Carlson.  
Summer 2018 reviewsJohn Swinbank
  • Outstanding action item for all DMLT members with deadline of 19 March to review the review documentation list.
    • Can we now assume that everybody is now happy with what they have (been) signed up to deliver?
  • Answer is: no, we should try this again for next week.
Community access to lsst-dev01John Swinbank
  • (And, one assumes, to other LDF systems)
  • See this CLO post.
  • I assert that this is addressed by the material in DMTN-020:
    • “DM and LSST collaborate with many outside individuals. We also use many tools such as Jira, Slack and Confluence which are licensed for a certain number of users. To foster collaboration it is useful that some close collaborators who are not part of the project have accounts on such systems. Requests for such accounts should be made via Jira tickets in the “IHS” project, with explicit review requested from the DM Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager. Collaborators granted such accounts should make use of them: if they are not actively used for six months the accounts shall be revoked.”
  • That does not mention LDF services, though: any objections to applying the same policy there?
  • Broadly agreed with the above statement, but with the caveats that:
    • This should be used for benefits to the project, not to the end user
    • When the Science Platform becomes available, we'll encourage folks to use that instead.
  • John Swinbank: Follow up to CLO in re of Science Collaboration access to lsst-dev.  
Overdue RFCs
  • RFCs with "Planned end" past "now". (See query table below.)
  • RFC-441 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Need to decide what the implementation details for adopting HiPS/MOC are.
    • This will be a project level LCR on LSE-61 & LSE-163.
  • RFC-412 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Still some loose ends to tidy up here.
    • Leanne Guy still reviewing the work.
    • New due date: end of March.
    • Should have this wrapped up by the summer review. Make sure this is noted in the review docs spreadsheet.
Change Control Board report
  • Change requests of interest to DM
  • LCR-983 (CCOB integration) — will impose new requirements on DM, but not Camera.
    • Wil O'Mullane will write a summary when he's back. May include new risk register entries.
  • LCR-1230 (LSE-75) — up for vote. Nothing to discuss.
  • Wil O'Mullane: Distribute a written summary of the results of LCR-983 to the DMLT, including discussion of new risk registry entries if needed.  
v15.0 Release
Open Todo itemsJohn Swinbank
  • (Out of time; not discussed)
DMLT travel & availability this week
  • Wil O'Mullane out this week.
  • Friday 2018-03-30 is a holiday in Tucson.

Overdue RFCs

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Past action items

Open DMLT actions

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Michelle ButlerRead RFC-741 and comment on whether its viable (+ find out if permissible at SLAC)   
24 Nov 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
  • All. Be prepared to provide feedback on whether test plan (LVV-P77provides the tests and rigor necessary to declare Gen3 open for DM use/development. 
21 Dec 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
  • Robert Lupton will draft a new proposed risk in the Risk Register regarding the adequacy of on-summit computing, which will be submitted to Victor  
04 Jan 2021Robert LuptonDMLT Meeting - 2020-12-14
  • Frossie Economouwill work with Yusra AlSayyadto define which risk mitigations need to be moved into the future to match the pipelines development schedule  
04 Jan 2021Frossie EconomouDMLT Meeting - 2020-12-14
  • Leanne Guyto determine which 1a/1b requirements need "mountain" or on-sky data  
31 Jan 2021Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
  • Fritz Mueller   Get together with Colin and Frossie, and define milestones for RSP dependencies on Qserv
01 Feb 2021Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19
Yusra AlSayyadDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-11-17/19