Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Location

BrowserRoom SystemPhone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Time

10:00am PT

Regrets:

DMLT Meeting Goals

  • Weekly meeting to keep the DM leadership team coordinated, informed, and in agreement on the vision, priorities, and challenges facing DM construction, including surfacing and resolving issues and ambiguities needing our attention. The goal of this meeting is to provide information and decisions that help each one of us better direct our own (or our team's) activities.

Discussion Items

Guidelines: Propose items in line with the meeting rationale (see above); include as much information in the agenda notes; summarize, don't go into details while on the call; maximize time available for discussion. 


TimeItemWho

Notes

0minTHE monthly reportalljust do it
5minDM Review in JulyWil O'Mullane2017 NSF/DOE DM Review
5minHigh level test scheduleI would also like you to consider this test schedule (section 5 page 4) perhaps not today but think about it:
https://github.com/lsst/LDM-503/blob/tickets/DM-10125/LDM-503.pdf

This is in the verification/validation plan ... which is being worked on.
15 minOverdue RFCs

RFCs with "Planned end" past "now".

Key Summary T Status
Loading...
Refresh

  • RFC-243 - Getting issue details... STATUS has been extended for two more weeks.
  • RFC-150 - Getting issue details... STATUS will be covered by Wil O'Mullane in his update to LDM-294.
  • RFC-188 - Getting issue details... STATUS was discussed at some length at the end of the meeting. We will continue to think on this and resume next week.


x minOutstanding DMLT actions

See links and action item report below.

x minChange Control Board report

See also Change requests of interest to DM.

  • RFC-329 - Getting issue details... STATUS was discussed and it does not seem to be ready to be approved by the TCT this week.
  • RFC-325 - Getting issue details... STATUS will be discussed on Tuesday at noon project time.
  • LCR-908 was discussed. It was mentioned that the LCR does not affect the data access policy and there is no intent for the older releases to be publicly available.
10 minF17 era data challenges
  • T/CAMs.

Follow up on discussion from last week's meeting. See notes here.

Notes:

  • Wil O'Mullane expects this material to be collected in the validation plan, which will be forthcoming (it must be in place for upcoming reviews).
  • The material linked above provides input from the DRP group on our short-term (F17) requests of NCSA; these may require action before the validation plan is in place. Donald Petravick will review and send questions/comments to John Swinbank.
  • Will suspend other outstanding action items on this topic from last week so that they can be considered in light of the validation plan.



Astropy

The change to the NDData model used by Astropy that was proposed by LSST last year, has been languishing. We need to decide whether we are abandoning the effort. It was mentioned that work such as this should be explicitly charged to a "Level 3" WBS.

  • Simon Krughoff to talk to his team to determine whether we should continue the NDData effort, defer it until later or abandon it.

DMLT Travel & Availability This Week

Wil O'Mullane, Gregory Dubois-Felsmann at NCSA Tuesday - Thursday/Friday; Jeff Kantor in Albuquerque on Friday. Unknown User (xiuqin) off Tuesday.

Matters arising












Postponed for subsequent DMLT / proposed for future DMLT:

TimeItemWhoNotes

Add new items here....

Past action items

Recently created open actions (from the ~previous two DMLT meetings):

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Colin Slater — Augment LDM-153 to provide a description of the semantics of NULL, NaN, inf, and other database vocabulary.  
06 Jul 2020Colin SlaterDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Fritz Mueller — Draft an technote describing operational procedures for database ingest.  
03 Aug 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Fritz Mueller — engage with the LDF and, as necessary, AP team to best understand the data structures required for the APDB.  
06 Jul 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
29 Jun 2020John SwinbankDMLT Meeting - 2020-06-22
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Wil O'Mullane — make sure a L2 milestone for the Science Platform exists in P6.  
15 Jun 2020Wil O'MullaneDMLT Meeting - 2020-06-08
06 Jul 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • DMTN-148 is almost there suggest 2 weeks review by DMLT.  
15 Jun 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14