2pm Pacific Time

Zoom: https://washington.zoom.us/j/98846655020



Topics for discussion:

  • Project updates (Eric Bellm , Ian Sullivan ):
    • all-hands meeting this Thursday
    • SITCOM reorg coming
    • RHL visiting April 19-20
  • Pipelines Infrastructure (Krzysztof Findeisen , John Parejko ):
    • Prompt Processing Demo at Wednesday Pipelines meeting
  • Precursor processing (Meredith RawlsKenneth Herner ):
    • Ken: progress on the "shape flag for negative sources" ticket.  seems to have just required calling SDSSShapeAlgorithm with negative=True?
      • KF: it looks like what you actually did was change the default in the pybind11 binding, instead of changing a function call in the task code–is that a good idea?
      • JP: need to keep C++ and pybind11 defaults the same.  Better to change this where this is called
  • Image differencing algorithms, DCR  ( Ian Sullivan ):
    • out today
  • real-bogus (Nima Sedaghat, Eric BellmJohn Parejko ):
    • out today
  • alert distribution (Eric Bellm ):
    • continuing work on estimating packet size increase with three stamps–exploring a few different ways to approach this
    • Talked about multi-resolution stamps with Francisco Forster.  Didn't make a huge classifier difference except in the case of glints...
    • SST discussed sub-threshold alert requirements; Leanne, Eric, Melissa will work on a technote.
  • Cosmic rays (Karlo Mrakovcic ):
    • working on report (already at 50 pages...)
    • global conclusion: current algorithm appears to "good enough".  still opportunities to fine tune, but it's not terrible.  Alternatives not obviously better.
    • Eric: are the numbers going to be enough to help Zeljko resolve the snaps question? Karlo: think so
  • Review CI (https://chronograf-demo.lsst.codes/)
    • nothing post-Piff.  Josh Meyers may be looking at relevant ticket ( DM-34254 - Getting issue details... STATUS )?  Eric to confirm.
  • Review outstanding action items
    • none
  • QA meeting in May:
    • (Ian: DCR:  defer to May+)
  • AOB
    • none

Action Items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Eric Bellm write up retention policy and sizing for APDB  
17 Jul 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-06-26
  • Eric Bellm dig into alert serialization test in ap_association and ticket ways to improve it  
11 Sep 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-08-21
  • Eric Bellm review broker communication channels  
25 Sep 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-08-14