Room System

Phone Dial-in


  1. Dial: or
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 690803707 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 690803707



Metric tracking dashboards

Rubin science pipelines weekly change log and  Github repo:

Status of jenkins jobs and slack channle for notifications:  #dmj-s_verify_drp_metrics slack channel 

Discussion items

ItemWhoPre-meeting notesMinutes
News, announcements and task review


  • Move to zoom from next week. We will use the existing zoom channel. 
  • Co-work - look to merge with pipelines
  • Thought about feature requests → will assess influx 2 first and then look at what features we would like but that are not present.  Alerts are in influx 2.0 which will be useful. 

CI status, bugs, issues of the week

  • verify_drp_metrics CI jobs

  • Much variation in metrics in the last 7 days in AM/PA/TE metrics 
  • Unlikely that there is a ticket commit every daya that led to this 
  • Check input catalogs to faro first to check that the input columns are stable - CI intermediate data products are persisted
  • Checkout daily and see if we even get the same numbers. 
Faro Development status 
  • Fall 2021 epic DM-30748 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Backlog epic:  DM-29525 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Progress on conversion to parquet
  • Parquet conversion - tickets assigned to convert all the metrics that need matched catalogs as input. Base classes that used the forced photometry table will not be able to handle AM repeatability metrics due to fixed centroid, so cannot compare the astrometric solution. Need a new catalog matcher that takes the per-visit source catalogs.  Keith planning to do this in the next week 
    • The need to match the source catalogs for astrometric repeatability raises the N-way matcher topic again. One solution would be to use the object table as the reference and do matches of source catalogs against the object table, effectively associating sources with an object id.
  • TEx conversions - Erik & Jeff have it running for all analysis contexts. 
    • Multiples found in the output table of a multimatch selection of individual visits. Erik to look into it. 
    • TEx algorithm convert to accept parquet as input. Verified with FITS. 
    • Ready for a PRPF: Comparison to truth table reference catalogs
  • Comparison with refcats that are not part of the regualr processing (e.g Gaia, Pan-STARRS), look to implement a simple metric to understand the process of working with any refcat in the butler context. presentation link    DM-31985

Data processing campaigns  

  • RC2/DC2 reprocessing epic : DM-26911 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • w_2021_40 RC2:   DM-32248 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • w_2021_44 DC2 : DM-32391 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • AuxTel
  • AP/DiffIm
  • Erik: Merlin has finished a first run through of AuxTel data to handle SF processing. Handed over instructions. Keith ran to completion (see discussion here). Will start processing AuxTel data. 
    • Data is at NCSA, latiss data repo
    • Can we move to Antu for processing. Erik will ping RHL on this. 
    • Goal is to have near real-time processing at summit 

Faro for DP0.2

  • Still working on SF processing sign-off

Potential co-working session ideas here

Last meeting of 2021 on 14 December. Meet again in 18 January 2022

List of tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Leanne Guy to talk to Science Pipelines (Yusra) about when do this transfer  
19 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-09-28 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Leanne Guy arrange to disucss at a future meeting if there are metrics from PDR3 & this paper that we might want to include in faro.   
26 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-08-31 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin to ask about capturing ideas for improvement to the stellar locus algorithm   
30 Nov 2021 2021-11-09 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin Slater to make a preliminary draft agenda for a workshop to clarify visualization use cases for science verification and validation
Colin Slater2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Jeffrey Carlin to review metric specification package organization and the relationship to formal requirements documents
Jeffrey Carlin2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol Schedule a time to have focused discussion on verification package, potentially next status meeting
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol to make a ticket to better understand mapping of these camera and calibration products characterization efforts to verification documents and the focus of these efforts. Discuss with the SCLT
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes