Room System

Phone Dial-in


  1. Dial: or
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 690803707 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 690803707



Metric tracking dashboards

Rubin science pipelines weekly change log and  Github repo:

Status of jenkins jobs and slack channle for notifications:  #dmj-s_verify_drp_metrics slack channel 

Discussion items

ItemWhoPre-meeting notesMinutes
News, announcements and task review


  • faro failure due to jointcal bug has been fixed ( DM-32135 - Getting issue details... STATUS ).
  • Jeff has a PR for using ForcedSource table in faro.
    • Was going to enable switching between afw and parquet Source tables, but appears it will take more work and not worth including at the moment.
    • Do we need to keep the ability to load all the (parquet or afw) source tables and match them? Yes.
      • DM-32350 - Getting issue details... STATUS added in backlog to remind us to shift catalog-matching over to parquet tables at some point.
    • Should we implement reading the parquet source tables, or just keep the current code which reads the afw tables? Keith: high priority is computing metrics on forced photometry.

Bugs, issues, topics, etc of the week


Data processing campaigns 

  • AuxTel 
  • AP DiffIm 
  • First step in closing the loop from observing to real-time feedback on the mountain.
  • Have 1 sq deg of imaging (SDSS g band) with auxtel in hand. Once Merlin has everything sorted (still finalizing the gen3 processing), then Erik will process the data. Then hand over to this meeting for analysis and metric computation.
  • After this runs at NCSA, then will try to get it running at the base (antu commissioning cluster).
  • Should start thinking about what metrics we want to compute for auxtel in real-time, but not urgent yet. Aim for the auxtel run in December?
    • Keith: S/N as a function of magnitude, could help in running the observing process? Erik: can't process fast enough yet. But could develop on HSC data and then have ready.
  • Observing run next week, still refining the data-taking.
  • Quantities automatically generated by SFM: PSF model, photometric zeropoint and uncertainty, astrometric zeropoint and uncertainty, some sky brightness quantification
    • SIT-Com should help to define what is needed for commissioning needs
    • Compare with what Operations wants to define survey quality visits / detector images (Lauren)
    • There are raws, processCCD metdadata, visit summary files, logs, headers, and metadata ... we should distinguish between numbers that are generated before and after processCCD.  Headers and metadata generally discouraged as the primary place to get data of long-term value.
  • RHL: Question of running Faro on calibs? We should come back to this topic next week.

Reprocessing status and metrics review  

  • Nightly CI with new rc2_subset
  • RC2/DC2 reprocessing epic : DM-26911 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • w_2021_38 RC2:   DM-31795 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • w_2021_36 DC2 :  DM-31699 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • No updates on reprocessing.
  • Pulled up nightly metrics dashboard, one day where the metrics changed and then went back to "normal". Ellipticity residuals and the stellar locus width. Repeatability stayed the same. October 23rd.

Faro for DP0.2

Development status 
  • Fall 2021 epic DM-30748 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Backlog epic:  DM-29525 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Erik Dennihy Jeffrey Carlin Status of conversion to using parquet files as input to faro
    • Talked about this at the beginning of the meeting. Erik and Keith's tickets on this topic are merged.
    • TEx metric: turning out to be difficult to do direct comparison between the parquet version and the src table version. Dependent on analysis contexts. Jeff and Erik will connect on this for cowork.

Potential co-working session ideas here

List of tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Leanne Guy to talk to Science Pipelines (Yusra) about when do this transfer  
19 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-09-28 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Leanne Guy arrange to disucss at a future meeting if there are metrics from PDR3 & this paper that we might want to include in faro.   
26 Oct 2021Leanne Guy2021-08-31 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin to ask about capturing ideas for improvement to the stellar locus algorithm   
30 Nov 2021 2021-11-09 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Colin Slater to make a preliminary draft agenda for a workshop to clarify visualization use cases for science verification and validation
Colin Slater2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Jeffrey Carlin to review metric specification package organization and the relationship to formal requirements documents
Jeffrey Carlin2022-04-19 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol Schedule a time to have focused discussion on verification package, potentially next status meeting
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Keith Bechtol to make a ticket to better understand mapping of these camera and calibration products characterization efforts to verification documents and the focus of these efforts. Discuss with the SCLT
Keith Bechtol2021-09-14 Science Metric Development Agenda and Meeting notes