Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date & Time 

  11:00 PDT



Room System

Phone Dial-in

  1. Dial: or
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 103664856 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 927260081



Discussion items


ItemWhoPre-Meeting NotesNotes and  Action Items
Project/Science Updates

PST meeting last week 

  • Swedish contractors on site on summit. Major achievement moving the  TMA both azimuth and elevation for the first time since testing in Spain. 
  • u-band filter is now mounted and was delivered to SLAC on 17 September. Given the successful CD4 review, this will allow the MIE project to be closed. 
  • Progress cooling down the the cryostat in the camera bod with teh utility trunk has been hampered the last few weeks due to power issues at SLAC. There was a planned refurbishment of the main power train at SLAC. Generators provided were not reliable so the team decided not to proceed. Did not want to risk losing power in the middle of cooldown.  Now delayed considerably from where we were supposed to be and are not going to have definitive results.on how the cooling system is working by the JSR.
  • Cooling lines installed on the telescope have coroded. Origin is not understood but it is suspected that the material used is not what it should have been. They will all be replaced. Process  of procurrement has started, SLAC technicians will go to Chile.
  • ComCam still expected to go on TMA at end of January 2022. If this is delayed there will be schdule implications. 

DPDD table review 

With DP0.2 starting soon, let's review the parquet table schema output during a data release production.  Please take a look at this notebook:

I'm filing an RFC Tuesday morning to make a best effort change to the column names to reflect what we think users expect. 

  • Freezing the pipelines on w_40 next Wednesday.
  • 2 users for the parquet tables, DAX and science users. This discussion is focused mainly on science users.   
  • DM-31825 ticket branch. RFC to be filed this week and cleared before w_40
  • What do we want to get on DM-31825 and what can be done later. 
  • No FGCM, joitcal in DP0.2
  • CamelCase (start lower) scheme 
  • ObjectId is not populated in the Source table. We have never agreed on whether we should/must provide this. 
  • Do we filter the patch overlaps? Remain inclusive for DP0.2. Our algorithm is not battle tested yet.  Tell users to use detect_s_primary removes duplicates.
Sources in prompt data products

At PCW2021 this topic was raised. For some science cases (e.g., searching for Solar System objects where there are no templates) even severely paired down source catalogs (just ra, dec, psfMag) would be extremely useful .

DM-15307 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Moved to vF2F meeting

vF2F meeting  - we skipped last time, lets have one. Please add suggestions for topics here

Next meeting is   

List of SST tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Robert Lupton Clarify the meaning of time in the object table. 1 sentence description in sdm_schemas, can link to a short DMTN.  Update 2022-02-09: Meeting to resolve this on 2022-02-21  
28 Feb 2022Robert Lupton2018-11-05 DM SST F2F Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann check if SDM standardization is adequately represented in project documents, and whether DMTN-067 should be required.
31 Mar 2022Gregory Dubois-Felsmann2022-02-14 DM-SST Virtual F2F Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Eric Bellm to wrap this proposal into an upcoming large RFC for  APDB changes (see also DM-37693)  
28 Feb 2023Eric Bellm2023-01-30 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
28 Feb 2023Leanne Guy2023-01-23 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch Create an RFC the proposed ShearObject table (once ES has had a chance to comment)   RFC-921
13 Mar 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy talk to Steve R about presenting plans for the ShearObject table to PST and SciCollab chairs   
20 Mar 2023Leanne Guy2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
31 Mar 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch follow up with Strong Lensing people on the suitability of this work for strong lensing ( WL cluster people)   
31 Mar 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-13 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch Understand the usage patterns  for the ShearObject catalogs   
30 Apr 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-13 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy  talk to Gregory Dubois-Felsmann to review the original intent of the AFS-related Portal requirements before deciding on a course of action  
29 May 2023Leanne Guy2023-05-01 DM-SST Focus Meeting - Brokers in Commissioning
  • Leanne Guy Prepare to consult the PST on the question of providing compressed PVIs for AP outputs, to cover the period before the data become available in a DR.  
02 Jun 2023Leanne Guy2023-03-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch Incorporate 30-60 day period for raws on disk into the strawman proposal and present to KT  
26 Jun 2023Jim Bosch2023-05-08 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Parker Fagrelius Patrick Ingraham  how long will it take to do a scan as described? No need to scan the whole WL range but will require additional points outside nominal lambda range.  
30 Jun 2023Parker Fagrelius2023-03-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
31 Jul 2023Colin Slater2023-07-10 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Eli Rykoff , Leanne Guy  Develop a proposal for what calibration processing, hardware, data we actually need and what will be needed for DR1. This has implications for the ORR and for prioritisation of work in commissioning  
31 Jul 2023Eli Rykoff2023-01-30 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Yusra AlSayyad will look to see if there is any effort to help on option 1  
28 Aug 2023Yusra AlSayyad2023-08-14 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy Schedule follow up of these topics at the SST in future   
28 Aug 2023Leanne Guy2023-08-14 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch  Provide a physical example of that a  up on cell table would look like fo the Colin Slater / DAX team to review  
31 Aug 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Eric Bellm Leanne Guy discuss with Broker teams what it means to scientifically validate a Broker.    
11 Dec 2023Eric Bellm2023-05-01 DM-SST Focus Meeting - Brokers in Commissioning