Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date & Time 

  11:00 PDT



Room System

Phone Dial-in

  1. Dial: or
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 103664856 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 927260081



Discussion items


ItemWhoPre-Meeting NotesNotes and  Action Items
Project/Science Updates

No PST meeting last 2 weeks 

Timeseries features updateEric Bellm

Status update on in preparation for poster at SCMA VII.

Current draft here ( is pending some build issues); using to develop the feature list.  Feedback on both is welcome from all.

  • Which flux measurements do we use and how do we validate for computing these features 
  • Eric is happy to receive comments from all on the technote
  • Science chairs PST  talks to think about these features - needs to be a dialogue.  - after SCMA conference (simmer/fall). Could possibly also be a PCW talk. TVS also run their own colloquium series. Informatics group also expressed interest. Eric wants to start more broadly. 
  • Eric proposes to do some basic simulations with the baseline cadence. Possibly also precursor
  • Not a lot of construciton effort  - pin down edge cases but leave decision about which exact stat. params to others. 
  • GPDF: Some survey depth time series to exercise the tools for displaying and postage stamps in the RSP - 1 year time scale. From a technical perspective, it doesn't matter if it is precursor or simulated data. 
  • Are there any variable length entities? There will be cases where some features will not be computed, e.g period search on 3 epochs is a waste of cycles. Add statement that quantities deliberately  not computed will be nulled. The only variable length data is the time series themselves. 

  • Leanne Guy get a talk on timeseries feature on the  PST SciCollabs talk list.  
CPP requirement specification 

Discussion of the verification specification for CPP, LVV-120 (DMS-REQ-0289), a priority 1a requirement:

Current Specification: 

The DMS shall be capable of producing calibration data products on an as-needed basis, consistent with monitoring the health and performance of the instrument, the availability of raw calibration exposures, the temporal stability of the calibrations, and of the SRD requirements for calibration accuracy.

Propose that the monitoring of the temporal stability of the calibrations, and  computing the calibration accuracy for comparison with of the SRD requirements is outside the scope of CPP. 

Proposed Specification

  • CPP must handle whatever the camera throws at it. 
  • Spirit of this is that the CPP will adapt to the circumstances and do its best to meet the SRD requirements.
  • When this was written people were not confident enough to say what the cadence would be. 
  • Do we need a functional requirement to be able to curate calibrations? Separate this into 2 requirements - one to trigger and run the CPP and another to put new calibrations in to play. 
  • And another requirement to assess the quality of the calibrations 
  • Most of this is implemented already so lets not waste too much time. 
10 oldest DM-SST issuesLeanne Guy
  1. DM-15307 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  2. DM-9375 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  3. DM-10676 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  4. DM-12679 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  5. DM-13375 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  6. DM-18289 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  7. DM-18654 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  8. DM-19302 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  9. DM-19504 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  10. DM-19703 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • DM-15307 - too many sources so cannot be in the PPDB. Could they be made available as parquet. Not in baseline. Could enable early science. Punt to ops? One use case is to forward model - this can be done in the NB. If we don't make this available, or do AP across the entire sky  people will rerun source detection.  
  • DM-10676 - normal RSP / TAP queries require authentication. but there are edge cases about - where did we point last night / what is our coverage. 
AOBNext meeting is  2020-05-17

List of SST tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Robert Lupton Clarify the meaning of time in the object table. 1 sentence description in sdm_schemas, can link to a short DMTN.  Update 2022-02-09: Meeting to resolve this on 2022-02-21  
28 Feb 2022Robert Lupton2018-11-05 DM SST F2F Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann check if SDM standardization is adequately represented in project documents, and whether DMTN-067 should be required.
31 Mar 2022Gregory Dubois-Felsmann2022-02-14 DM-SST Virtual F2F Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Eric Bellm to wrap this proposal into an upcoming large RFC for  APDB changes (see also DM-37693)  
28 Feb 2023Eric Bellm2023-01-30 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
28 Feb 2023Leanne Guy2023-01-23 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch Create an RFC the proposed ShearObject table (once ES has had a chance to comment)   RFC-921
13 Mar 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy talk to Steve R about presenting plans for the ShearObject table to PST and SciCollab chairs   
20 Mar 2023Leanne Guy2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
31 Mar 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch follow up with Strong Lensing people on the suitability of this work for strong lensing ( WL cluster people)   
31 Mar 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-13 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch Understand the usage patterns  for the ShearObject catalogs   
30 Apr 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-13 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy  talk to Gregory Dubois-Felsmann to review the original intent of the AFS-related Portal requirements before deciding on a course of action  
29 May 2023Leanne Guy2023-05-01 DM-SST Focus Meeting - Brokers in Commissioning
  • Leanne Guy Prepare to consult the PST on the question of providing compressed PVIs for AP outputs, to cover the period before the data become available in a DR.  
02 Jun 2023Leanne Guy2023-03-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch Incorporate 30-60 day period for raws on disk into the strawman proposal and present to KT  
26 Jun 2023Jim Bosch2023-05-08 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Parker Fagrelius Patrick Ingraham  how long will it take to do a scan as described? No need to scan the whole WL range but will require additional points outside nominal lambda range.  
30 Jun 2023Parker Fagrelius2023-03-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
31 Jul 2023Colin Slater2023-07-10 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Eli Rykoff , Leanne Guy  Develop a proposal for what calibration processing, hardware, data we actually need and what will be needed for DR1. This has implications for the ORR and for prioritisation of work in commissioning  
31 Jul 2023Eli Rykoff2023-01-30 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Yusra AlSayyad will look to see if there is any effort to help on option 1  
28 Aug 2023Yusra AlSayyad2023-08-14 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy Schedule follow up of these topics at the SST in future   
28 Aug 2023Leanne Guy2023-08-14 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch  Provide a physical example of that a  up on cell table would look like fo the Colin Slater / DAX team to review  
31 Aug 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Eric Bellm Leanne Guy discuss with Broker teams what it means to scientifically validate a Broker.    
11 Dec 2023Eric Bellm2023-05-01 DM-SST Focus Meeting - Brokers in Commissioning