Date & Time 

  11:00 PDT



Room System

Phone Dial-in

  1. Dial: or
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 103664856 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 927260081



Discussion items


ItemWhoPre-Meeting NotesNotes and  Action Items
Project/Science Updates
  • The PST continued to iterate on the response to the six recommendations for addressing national security concerns received from the NSF
    • Main changes as compared with earlier discussions is accepting a 3-day delay for full-focal-plane images and noting  that a delayed data store in which encrypted files will be stored until release to DR holders must be costed.
    • Statement that we want to continue to provide precovery at user-specified sky locations on embargoed images would mitigate science losses during the 3-day embargo period. 
    • There will be a meeting in ~ mid-April with agencies. 
  •  DM-CCB board Recommended - will work with Melissa to submit an LCR    RFC-695 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Colin:What is the  maximum size that can be published before the embargo period is over? Postage stamps?
RC3 dataset 

Update on plans for the RC3 dataset for testing. 

DM-26276 - Getting issue details... STATUS

RC3 dataset wishlist considerations

  • LPG: What is the estimated size of the new proposed RC3 dataset?  Don't know yet nor what NCSA can provide in terms of storage and processing. 
  • YA: 9697 is the tract with galactic cirrus, higher extinction and challenging seeing. 
  • KB: Are there plans regarding the workflow questions of different flavours and coadds and artificial source injection?
  • GPDB: Running the pipeline all the way to the end, e.g RSP is something we need to do. 
  • RC reprocessed data is available at the NCSA RSP already via the Notebook aspect but not Portal. Some are available via TAP (NCSA)
  • LMA: Cosmos has variety of dither patterns, rotational patterns, depth. naturally pushes to survey edges. Larger contiguous area is less in demand from science. 
  • PDR2 provides a large contiguous area - need to 
  • KB: Also interesting from on-sky commissioning perspective and how we prioritize topics in commissioning 
  • RHL: Do we need to include IDF at this time that we are . Could be a good test dataset for stanfding up production at USDF 
  • Proposal accepted - Jeff, Lauren, others will move to implementation and update of DMTN-091
  • Jeffrey Carlin Move to implement proposed RC3 dataset including updating DMTN-091 DM-29590 - Getting issue details... STATUS :  
  • Leanne GuyInform the USDF & Richard Duboisof the RC3 dataset and it's possible use to stand up the USDF  
Ensuring RSP readiness for DP0.1Gregory Dubois-Felsmann
  • What do we want the quality of presentation to be in DP0.1. Dataset is inherited from DESC 
  • Will nto try to do any effort to polish the dataset from DESC, i.e we will not reorgnize the schema 
  • But will clean up and present better the top layer in the TAP service 
    • A few sentences to describe each of the 4 tables 
    • Change the schema/database name for the DP0.1 dataset
    • Make sure that phantom datasets are not visible to delegates
  • Request help from CET : Edising thestandard motebooks, new copies to go into test notebooks 
  • Summary of functionality of the RSP in DP0.1 e.g schema browsing, database query. Stack club have primarily used catalog adta on the small scale 
  • Image access is butler (PVI, coadds)  - not via IVOA, e.g no SIA. So no portal access to DP0.1 images. Rewite to remove hard coded image IDS 
  • Catalog access will need revision when the schema names are finalized. 
  • No tools to browse large numbers of images t this time. 
  • Portal: 
  • Expect to add image browsing to DPs before DP0.2. Probably not as fast as HSCMap, single band and true colour. 
  • Dataset types in DP0.1: Countings in the DP0.1 repo on IDF
AOBNext meeting is  2020-04-19

List of SST tasks (Confluence)

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Robert Lupton Clarify the meaning of time in the object table. 1 sentence description in sdm_schemas, can link to a short DMTN.  Update 2022-02-09: Meeting to resolve this on 2022-02-21  
28 Feb 2022Robert Lupton2018-11-05 DM SST F2F Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann check if SDM standardization is adequately represented in project documents, and whether DMTN-067 should be required.
31 Mar 2022Gregory Dubois-Felsmann2022-02-14 DM-SST Virtual F2F Agenda and Meeting notes
  • Eric Bellm to wrap this proposal into an upcoming large RFC for  APDB changes (see also DM-37693)  
28 Feb 2023Eric Bellm2023-01-30 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
28 Feb 2023Leanne Guy2023-01-23 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy talk to Steve R about presenting plans for the ShearObject table to PST and SciCollab chairs   
20 Mar 2023Leanne Guy2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
31 Mar 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Leanne Guy  talk to Gregory Dubois-Felsmann to review the original intent of the AFS-related Portal requirements before deciding on a course of action  
29 May 2023Leanne Guy2023-05-01 DM-SST Focus Meeting - Brokers in Commissioning
  • Leanne Guy Prepare to consult the PST on the question of providing compressed PVIs for AP outputs, to cover the period before the data become available in a DR.  
02 Jun 2023Leanne Guy2023-03-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch Incorporate 30-60 day period for raws on disk into the strawman proposal and present to KT  
26 Jun 2023Jim Bosch2023-05-08 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Parker Fagrelius Patrick Ingraham  how long will it take to do a scan as described? No need to scan the whole WL range but will require additional points outside nominal lambda range.  
30 Jun 2023Parker Fagrelius2023-03-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
31 Jul 2023Colin Slater2023-07-10 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Eli Rykoff , Leanne Guy  Develop a proposal for what calibration processing, hardware, data we actually need and what will be needed for DR1. This has implications for the ORR and for prioritisation of work in commissioning  
31 Jul 2023Eli Rykoff2023-01-30 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Yusra AlSayyad will look to see if there is any effort to help on option 1  
28 Aug 2023Yusra AlSayyad2023-08-14 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jim Bosch  Provide a physical example of that a  up on cell table would look like fo the Colin Slater / DAX team to review  
31 Aug 2023Jim Bosch2023-02-27 DM-SST Agenda and Meeting Notes
  •  "What is the pathway to defining the data products that are required to meet DMS-REQ-0266" Jeffrey Carlin   
30 Nov 2023Jeffrey Carlin2023-10-23 DM-SST vF2F Agenda and Meeting Notes
30 Nov 2023Gregory Dubois-Felsmann2023-10-23 DM-SST vF2F Agenda and Meeting Notes
30 Nov 2023Leanne Guy2023-10-23 DM-SST vF2F Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Jeffrey Carlin follow up with KT on DMS-REQ-0176 and DMS-REQ-0315 to update/disaggregate this for latest base/summit infrastructure split.  
30 Nov 2023Jeffrey Carlin2023-10-23 DM-SST vF2F Agenda and Meeting Notes
  • Eric Bellm Leanne Guy discuss with Broker teams what it means to scientifically validate a Broker.    
11 Dec 2023Eric Bellm2023-05-01 DM-SST Focus Meeting - Brokers in Commissioning
Gregory Dubois-Felsmann2023-10-23 DM-SST vF2F Agenda and Meeting Notes