(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)
- Dial: 126.96.36.199 or bjn.vc
- Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code
- +1 408 740 7256
- +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
- +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)
Meeting ID: 293724745
- Announcement imminent on Euclid, LSST collaborative data products
- Chile moved clocks back an hour this weekend – check meeting times.
- Chilean staff union negotiations are not postponed due to COVID-19.
- This is a regularly-scheduled renegotiation.
- Quarterly meeting with agencies later this month.
- Response to the ongoing COVID-19 situation expected to dominate this meeting.
- But there is no new news going into this discussion.
- Victor may request input this week.
- PCW2020 will be cancelled in full.
- Primarily due to near-term contract decisions that need to be made.
- There is currently no discussion about a virtual meeting — project regards the real value as coming out of side meetings — but that's not a final decision.
- (There will be a proper announcement of this shortly; for now, be discreet).
- Renaming LCRs being discussed by the (construction and ops) directors.
- Some prominent figures have fallen off project mailing lists because they aren't clearly members of specific construction teams.
- Ranpal & Victor will resolve.
- Questions re onboarding pre-ops people, who have no existing project affiliation.
- Need to demonstrate that pre-ops is appropriately supporting construction infrastructure.
- Victor and Bob will resolve the details.
- COVID-19 all hands on Thursday 2020-04-09; details will be forthcoming.
- This will be a Q&A format.
- Project COVID-19 information at https://project.lsst.org/coronavirus-update
- T&S discussing with the TMA team what additional coverings or protection can be added to dome hardware.
- Ops agency review next week.
- “Small DAQ” at NCSA.
- Cannot be donated by SLAC for legal reasons, but they have no reason to want it back any time soon.
- Can remain “on loan” for the foreseeable future.
- Establishing procedures for working with ComCam at the base.
- Lifts, etc, need to be approved by SLAC.
- Home internet bandwidth upgrades are possible on AURA funds.
- Mechanisms for reimbursement are still under discussion.
- Probably best to discuss with Daniel Calabrese if you have questions.
- Next DM-CCB 2020-04-08.
- Issues flagged for Fritz Mueller.
- Please make sure you add comments to the Jira issues, not just the CCB page.
- Happened this morning; Wil O'Mullane can tell us what went down.
- Security Summit became Data Path Meeting:
Assessment of our network path is on going. Eventually we may get an answer!
Clearly they do not know exactly which things need to be mitigated.
Delay of pixel release is certain (we knew this we have an LCR).
Took action to mention a few things in the DMTN-108 (shutter times - TLS encryption, Data encryption some already mentioned).
We are still shooting in the dark no firm guidance here. Victor and Steve and Bob all requested more concrete statements from the agencies.
|Joint Agency Review of Operations|
|DMLT F2F||John Swinbank|
- In 5 weeks.
- Please add topics to the suggestion box in the next three weeks.
- Can we now definitively decide that this meeting will be virtual?
Test Plans due in the next 45 days
Milestones due in the next 45 days
|Risks or Schedule|
We said we would look at schedule or risks at least once a month. I am putting it on the regular agenda.
|Any other business|
|DMLT travel & availability this week|
Due this week
Confluence Quick Tasks
|29 May 2020||Kian-Tat Lim||DMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02|
|05 Jun 2020||Michelle Butler||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27|
- Gregory Dubois-Felsmann — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.
|01 Jul 2020||Gregory Dubois-Felsmann||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14|
- Wil O'Mullane — send out Doodle polls for calendar 2021 DMLT meetings.
|21 Sep 2020||Wil O'Mullane||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17|
- T/CAMs — at the next T/CAM call, consider plans for appropriately tracking schedule/variance in the era of Covid.
|25 Sep 2020|| ||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17|
- Yusra AlSayyad — provide a timeline for complete pipeline conversion to Gen3.
|28 Sep 2020||Yusra AlSayyad||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17|
- Leanne Guy — agree Gen3 acceptance tests for November 1.
DM-26798Getting issue details...
|28 Sep 2020||Leanne Guy||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17|
- Michelle Butler — understand the parameter space for getting a “long term lease” on an SSH connection to NCSA, and discuss with Wil O'Mullane what wiggle room we have.
|28 Sep 2020||Michelle Butler||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17|
|28 Sep 2020||Robert Gruendl||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17|
- John Swinbank Arrange focused brainstorming meeting with RHL, TIm, Chris , Jim, Yusra, John - to get DMTN-148 further updated . Should at least list all calibration cases even if not solved.
|30 Sep 2020||John Swinbank||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17|
|05 Oct 2020||Wil O'Mullane||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17|
- Fritz Mueller — write a SOW for APDB POC on a cloud provider.
|05 Oct 2020||Fritz Mueller||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17|
DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets