Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates
  • ComCam in Base Data Center - All Reil Photos
  • Jeff Barr - 5+Brian separately going to summit tomorrow check covers etc. Brian getting some ComCam kit from mountain (crane, nitrogen, electronics..) . Supposed to be no work on the recinto....
  • Parts of Santiago locked down - may spread further. Tracking obligations for travel/paperwork.
  • Discussion of any guidance from NSF/DOE on maintaining the staff/project. Both agencies have said not to foresee cuts - we are not in a financial crunch right now. Get any baseline work we can do done. 
  •  Chris Montgomery has done a lot with Litmus and LinkedIn Learning.
    • Includes multi-lingual courses.
    • Cybersecurity with Cristian Silva.
    • LinkedIn Learning added  3 new sets related to remote working.
  • Encouraging managers to engage with their groups to keep them engaged and motivated: morning checkins, BlueJeans coffee breaks, etc.
    • SIT-COM - weekly standup Tuesday
    • T&S - 
      • various - Chile still reacting to shutdown. 20 elec/mech techs all hands on - stopped morning meeting (perhpas should not have done)
      • Tucson weekly meeting - Doug keeping them engaged.
      • Cam meetings etc and contractor meetings continue
      • TSSW double down on standup - every day
    • COMs
      • daily chats and goal setting
    • EPO
      • standups mon,wed,fri
      • EPO Tea 10:30
      • co-work once a week
    • DM
      • Pipelines now combined UW/Princeton “brown bag”. Happy hour 18:30 Eastern Friday
      • SQuaRE mentioned longer Standups.
      • Slack ..
      • Universities also doing things.
    • Camera
      • Working as normal.
      • Slack channel.
  • Next project all hands meeting... not yet set, but discussing running one every other week.
CCB
  • Next DM-CCB 2020-04-01.
Ops Director's Review
  • Thanks, everybody, for your contributions!
  • Review outcome was positive.
  • Major recommendations for Data Production:
    • Concern about the location of the Data Facility.
    • Suggestion that there should be a technical “decision-making body” within the DP organization.
    • Be aware of technical risk/required effort involved in in-kind contributions.
  • Next up... Joint Agency Review.
    • Materials due on Friday of this week.
    • Review runs April 14–16.

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Any other business
  • Robert Gruendl is product owner for Prompt Services
    • This is expected to cover everything in the Prompt Base and Prompt NCSA enclaves, but not the scientific payloads that they exceute.
    • Not clear if it's supposed to cover e.g. alert distribution.
  • We believe that networking for LATISS is adequate to support an Ops Rehearsal (and general commissioning usage).
  • No Cassandra updates, as the DAX team is prioritizing middleware (at DMLT request).
  • Leanne Guy , Robert Gruendl , Kian-Tat Lim — clarify exactly of what Robert is product owner.   
  • Wil O'Mullane — Ensure that operations-era maintenance of packaging and distribution is captured in the Ops WBS (pretty sure that at the moment, it is mentioned, but the only associated resources are from IN2P3; not clear if that's adequate).   
DMLT travel & availability this week
  • Monday April 6 security summit 8–10 PT (so should be done before DMLT).
    • Contents, participants, etc of this meeting currently undefined as far as DM is aware — Wil O'Mullane will call on folks as & when required.

RFCs

Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Wil O'Mullane — send out Doodle polls for calendar 2021 DMLT meetings.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Wil O'Mullane — update the Developer Guide to reflect the plans for a Quiet Day.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • T/CAMs — at the next T/CAM call, consider plans for appropriately tracking schedule/variance in the era of Covid.  
25 Sep 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Yusra AlSayyad  — provide a timeline for complete pipeline conversion to Gen3.  
28 Sep 2020Yusra AlSayyadDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Leanne Guy — agree Gen3 acceptance tests for November 1.   DM-26798 - Getting issue details... STATUS
28 Sep 2020Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Michelle Butler — understand the parameter space for getting a “long term lease” on an SSH connection to NCSA, and discuss with Wil O'Mullane what wiggle room we have.  
28 Sep 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
28 Sep 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • John Swinbank Arrange focused brainstorming meeting with RHL, TIm, Chris , Jim, Yusra, John - to get DMTN-148 further updated . Should at least list all calibration cases even if not solved.  
30 Sep 2020John SwinbankDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
05 Oct 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Fritz Mueller — write a SOW for APDB POC on a cloud provider. 
05 Oct 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh