Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates
  • Project leadership talked to NSF on Friday re the COVID-19 situation.

    • They are providing guidance on a two-week cadence at the moment.
    • Agency guidance is for “maximum telework”.
    • Agency guidance is that “COVID-19 should not be an impact on our contingency”. However, the meaning of this is unclear at the moment; Project leadership is trying to clarify.
  • There was a potential COVID-19 case among the Camera Team at SLAC last week. This has been tested and came back negative.
    • Expecting work to restart in IR-2 (“critical path work associated with projects” will be allowed on-site at SLAC).
  • Project leadership aiming to get project staff back to their home locations ASAP.
  • Cost impacts of COVID-19:
    • Project office working on mechanisms for tracking this.
    • Effectively labor-hours spent on COVID-19-related issues.
    • At least in the short term, this will be based on high-level burn rates and assuming day-to-day slips.
  • Moving towards maximising telework in Tucson.
    • Whoever can work at home should already be working at home.
    • The project leadership is working on enabling folks who cannot normally work from home to do so.
    • IT providing help with folks setting up (PMO-specific) VPNs, etc — these are not the same as the VPNs we use for technical DM work.
    • AURA/PMO employees are required to have read relevant telework policies. But there are “some issues” with the current telework agreement that means there is no requirement to sign it (yet).
  • Discussion about project comms; “e-mail gets a bit dry” at times like this. Looking for alternate/informal methods of keeping in touch with the (now-even-more-distributed) team.
  • On the mountain
    • IT likely only on the mountain when needed.
    • Not critical to run AuxTel in the near future (~month at least).
    • Trying to get the dome closed before it starts snowing.
CCB
  • No meeting this week.
  • Next DM-CCB 2020-04-01.

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Monthly report
  • Due Wednesday.
Middleware effort
  • Reminder that this is top priority.
  • Specifically, we regard it as appropriate to bump the APDB report to the DMLT for a month or two to free up middleware effort.
  • Tim is “feeling quite confident now”.
Any other business
  • All DMLT members: Review SQuaRE-provided documentation on the EFD and provided written feedback.  
DMLT travel & availability this week

RFCs

Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Gabriele Comoretto & Architecture team — ensure a version of the detailed DM product tree (LDM-ized version of DMTN-104) is baselined.  
28 Apr 2020Gabriele ComorettoDM Leadership Team Face-to-Face Meeting, 2019-10-28 to 30
  • Robert Gruendl  — prepare a technote defining the meaning of “bulk download”.  
26 May 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Frossie Economou— suggest construction milestones for the EFD.   
01 Jun 2020Frossie EconomouDMLT Meeting - 2020-04-06
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • All DMLT — consider whether you want an August/September vF2F meeting.  
08 Jun 2020 DMLT Meeting - 2020-06-01
  • All DMLT — review scope options and check for any which are obsolete and available dates.  
08 Jun 2020 DMLT Meeting - 2020-06-01
08 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDMLT Meeting - 2020-06-01
  • DMTN-148 is almost there suggest 2 weeks review by DMLT.  
15 Jun 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Eric Bellm — update time-series technote to contain a discussion of the way in which data will be presented to users.  
01 Jul 2020Eric BellmDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
06 Jul 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Colin Slater — Augment LDM-153 to provide a description of the semantics of NULL, NaN, inf, and other database vocabulary.  
06 Jul 2020Colin SlaterDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
06 Jul 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Fritz Mueller — engage with the LDF and, as necessary, AP team to best understand the data structures required for the APDB.  
06 Jul 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Fritz Mueller — Draft an technote describing operational procedures for database ingest.  
03 Aug 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh