Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Regrets

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates
  • Wil & Victor both encouraging remote meetings / not mingling where possible.
    • Fine to encourage teams to work from home.
    • As of now, travel for observing / to Chile is not known to be forbidden; Wil O'Mullane is checking with Victor.
  • LSST@Europe4 cancelled/postponed; other meetings are also being cancelled (Tucson Book fair science city is off) and remote work in many places. SPIE? ADASS?
  • Camera schedule - Vincent progress with cold system - but another week of delay perhaps.
  • Alignment test will go ahead (despite one person from Seattle joining — will be isolated as mush as possible) since otherwise not sure when to do it. Andy Connolly+2  not traveling; a review of active optics will be remote.
  • Should keep track of any schedule impact from CORVID-19.
  • TMA may be six weeks early. Causing pressure on system integration. ComCam refrigeration pathfinder, M2Hexapod, Oil line supply, Dome .. plus all the software for this lot. https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=129040407

    • Expect minimal impact on DM from this.
    • Data transport to NCSA will be necessary.
  • Sandrine - trying to do full software integration on level 3. Being written up as the best we would like- then see what we can do.

DMLT F2F
  • Next meeting is scheduled for Seattle, 12–14 May.
  • Details on Confluence; you can go ahead and start suggesting discussion topics.
  • You're aware of the current travel situation, in particular as it impacts Seattle. We have not (yet) decided to make this meeting remote only, but we suggest you do not book travel or make other arrangements for the time being.
    • Expect to make a final call in mid-April.
CCB

Escalated issues to be reviewed by:

  • J. Swinbank
  • F. Mueller
  • F. Economou
Level 2 Milestones

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

  • Expect LDM-503-10b is blocked on camera cooling.
    • The milestone is formally described as 21 rafts, but Robert Lupton is concerned that we should also test corner rafts.
  • Michelle Butler — check if LDM-503-10b is blocked by an appropriate camera milestone, and, if not, push it into the future.  
Any other business

DMLT travel & availability this week
  • Wil O'Mullane  will be flying on Tuesday and will be at the US embassy this week (COVID-19 permitting); will be out Thursday.
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  speaking at (now online only) Google meeting.
  • Michelle Butler  at Rucio workshop this week virtually, and out Thursday and Friday.   

RFCs

Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Wil O'Mullane — send out Doodle polls for calendar 2021 DMLT meetings.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Wil O'Mullane — update the Developer Guide to reflect the plans for a Quiet Day.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • T/CAMs — at the next T/CAM call, consider plans for appropriately tracking schedule/variance in the era of Covid.  
25 Sep 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Yusra AlSayyad  — provide a timeline for complete pipeline conversion to Gen3.  
28 Sep 2020Yusra AlSayyadDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Leanne Guy — agree Gen3 acceptance tests for November 1.   DM-26798 - Getting issue details... STATUS
28 Sep 2020Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Michelle Butler — understand the parameter space for getting a “long term lease” on an SSH connection to NCSA, and discuss with Wil O'Mullane what wiggle room we have.  
28 Sep 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
28 Sep 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • John Swinbank Arrange focused brainstorming meeting with RHL, TIm, Chris , Jim, Yusra, John - to get DMTN-148 further updated . Should at least list all calibration cases even if not solved.  
30 Sep 2020John SwinbankDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
05 Oct 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Fritz Mueller — write a SOW for APDB POC on a cloud provider. 
05 Oct 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh