Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates
  • There are many sources of project documentation (Docushare, Confluence, lsst.io, CLO, Slack, LCRs, etc etc).
    • Docushare is the official system of record.
    • But Docushare also contains myriad obsolete or unnecessary documents; shouldn't all simply be transferred to Operations.
    • Expectation that Operations will use Docushare, but there remains work to do to sort this out.
    • Software documentation, etc, belongs on lsst.io.
    • No concrete action emerging from this.
  • Wil O'Mullane  has asked Jeff Kantor  to organize a review of networking.
    • Likely carried out by telecon.
  • Discussion of (alternate) standard visits, and interaction with satellite trails.
  • Ongoing conversation with AURA leadership on coronavirus; more news when we have it.
    • Leanne Guy  requested not to make an announcement re the algorithms workshop until Victor has met with AURA leadership today.
  • Request from leadership to make sure that anybody transitioning from construction into commissioning is clear what their roles are.
  • DOE review of Camera finances in May (the DOE equivalent of the EVMS audit).
  • Camera schedule contingency dropping; now at ~30 days.
vF2F todo items

DescriptionDue dateAssignee
  • Wil O'Mullane — schedule a discussion about rolling out data products and capabilities to users without having them scoop the project or swamp our resources.  
23 Mar 2020Wil O'Mullane
  • Wil O'Mullane — write a technote descibing his understanding of schema management DM-23658 - Getting issue details... STATUS .    
06 Apr 2020Wil O'Mullane
  • Robert Gruendl  — prepare a technote defining the meaning of “bulk download”.  
26 May 2020Robert Gruendl
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle Butler

CCB


  • J. Swinbank
  • F. Mueller


Level 2 Milestones

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Rapid data processing at the LDF
  • Deferred from last week's meeting.
  • RHL will need to perform rapid processing in Chile (“rapid”, as distinct from “prompt”).
  • Some of that processing will need to be reproduced at NCSA.
    • e.g. need to be able to generate quick-look ISR images both on the mountain and at NCSA.
    • And the results of this processing should then be available as permanent data products.
  • We should expect that we don't know what types of processing will be necessary early in commissioning; need a general approach to running pipelines.
  • Possible to imagine this as a prototype of prompt processing, but it's not clear how that meshes with expected schedules. 
  • Kian-Tat Lim identifies three issues:
    • Does the generalization of processing fit into the existing prompt processing framework?
    • Do we need a new framework?
    • How long does it take to build such a new framework?
  • Consider e.g. deploying OCPS at NCSA, or generalized prompt processing.
  • We note that LDF is already busy, and there may be an opportunity cost to rolling out a service like this.
  • Agreed that:
    • Robert Lupton will provide use cases, including soliciting them from the Commissioning Team;
    • Based on those use cases, Kian-Tat Lim & Michelle Butler will consider how much effort would be involved in standing up such a service.
    • The DMLT will then decide whether this overrides other priorities.


DMLT travel & availability this week
  • Wil O'Mullane en route to Spain (visa renewal; mostly on leave this week in Ireland and UK - talk in Bath on Friday).

RFCs

Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Wil O'Mullane — schedule a discussion about rolling out data products and capabilities to users without having them scoop the project or swamp our resources.  
23 Mar 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Wil O'Mullane — write a technote descibing his understanding of schema management DM-23658 - Getting issue details... STATUS .    
06 Apr 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gabriele Comoretto & Architecture team — ensure a version of the detailed DM product tree (LDM-ized version of DMTN-104) is baselined.  
28 Apr 2020Gabriele ComorettoDM Leadership Team Face-to-Face Meeting, 2019-10-28 to 30
  • John Swinbank to setup feedback system with Chris Waters on calibration note (DMTN-148). 
21 May 2020John SwinbankDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
25 May 2020Wil O'MullaneDMLT Meeting - 2020-05-18
  • Robert Gruendl  — prepare a technote defining the meaning of “bulk download”.  
26 May 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • DMTN-148 is almost there suggest 2 weeks review by DMLT.  
29 May 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Frossie Economou— suggest construction milestones for the EFD.   
01 Jun 2020Frossie EconomouDMLT Meeting - 2020-04-06
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Eric Bellm — update time-series technote to contain a discussion of the way in which data will be presented to users.  
01 Jul 2020Eric BellmDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
06 Jul 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Colin Slater — Augment LDM-153 to provide a description of the semantics of NULL, NaN, inf, and other database vocabulary.  
06 Jul 2020Colin SlaterDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
06 Jul 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Fritz Mueller — engage with the LDF and, as necessary, AP team to best understand the data structures required for the APDB.  
06 Jul 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Fritz Mueller — Draft an technote describing operational procedures for database ingest.  
03 Aug 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh