Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Regrets

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates
  • LCR-2045
    • NCSA mentioned for this - call next week. Need to ensure that services being stood up are appropriate and timely for commissioning.
  • Also 1:1 meetings with victor on how we get to ops
  • Any new hires in Tucson - will require a conversation
    • Hiring at the non-Tucson locations is ok, as long as we are clear that it is within the established budget (talk to Wil O'Mullane)
  • Sizing of construction hardware deliverable: this is not “pushing to ops” but simply a strict reading of the requirements.
  • Chile unrest continues
    • Situation on the mountain isnormal
  • Fritz to DAQ - Greg goes into ops - Commissioning does not cover Mike ..so can not cover Fritz. Also Gunther's group us available. Mike stays to March.
    • Expect to have more conversations in Tucson about this.
  • Rotator back non flatness ..and other detailed stuff   
Data Facility — DOE investigation
  • Completed site visits to all three labs.
    • Answered lots of questions!
  • Awaiting inputs from them, due December 1st.
  • Recommendation to agencies by December 15th.
Provenance WG status
  • Not starting until December.
Sizing & cost model status
  • Some small updates have been done.
  • This week expecting:
    • Comparison with DES.
    • Stretching the timelines through LOY10.
  • Statements about bandwidth to tape/disk/memory are designed to ensure we have bandwidth to feed CPUs with data, and to make sure we are purchasing enough drives.
    • Combination of reading raw data and writing data products.
    • Probably a peak, rather than a sustained, rate.
  • Would be a good time for DMLT members to start making substantive comments on this document.
  • Not clear that moving to a per-object model would actually make a difference; Kian-Tat Lim has more experiments to run, but is not optimistic.
Level 2 Milestones

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

  • LDM-503-10a test plan is reviewed and awaiting regeneration.
  • John Swinbank will coordinate shifting milestone dates with  Michelle Butler  this week.
Any Other Business
  • Release 19.0.0 RC1 coming from the latest weekly (w_2019_46); hope the release will be done in ~2 weeks.
    • “Will not have parity for Butlers”
DMLT Travel & Availability this week
Review open action items

RFCs

Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Wil O'Mullane — write a technote descibing his understanding of schema management DM-23658 - Getting issue details... STATUS .    
06 Apr 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gabriele Comoretto & Architecture team — ensure a version of the detailed DM product tree (LDM-ized version of DMTN-104) is baselined.  
28 Apr 2020Gabriele ComorettoDM Leadership Team Face-to-Face Meeting, 2019-10-28 to 30
  • Robert Gruendl  — prepare a technote defining the meaning of “bulk download”.  
26 May 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Frossie Economou— suggest construction milestones for the EFD.   
01 Jun 2020Frossie EconomouDMLT Meeting - 2020-04-06
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • DMTN-148 is almost there suggest 2 weeks review by DMLT.  
15 Jun 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Eric Bellm — update time-series technote to contain a discussion of the way in which data will be presented to users.  
01 Jul 2020Eric BellmDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
06 Jul 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Colin Slater — Augment LDM-153 to provide a description of the semantics of NULL, NaN, inf, and other database vocabulary.  
06 Jul 2020Colin SlaterDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
06 Jul 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Fritz Mueller — engage with the LDF and, as necessary, AP team to best understand the data structures required for the APDB.  
06 Jul 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Fritz Mueller — Draft an technote describing operational procedures for database ingest.  
03 Aug 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh