(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)
- Dial: 18.104.22.168 or bjn.vc
- Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code
- +1 408 740 7256
- +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
- +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)
Meeting ID: 293724745
- NCSA mentioned for this - call next week. Need to ensure that services being stood up are appropriate and timely for commissioning.
- Also 1:1 meetings with victor on how we get to ops
- Any new hires in Tucson - will require a conversation
- Hiring at the non-Tucson locations is ok, as long as we are clear that it is within the established budget (talk to Wil O'Mullane)
- Sizing of construction hardware deliverable: this is not “pushing to ops” but simply a strict reading of the requirements.
- Chile unrest continues
- Situation on the mountain isnormal
- Fritz to DAQ - Greg goes into ops - Commissioning does not cover Mike ..so can not cover Fritz. Also Gunther's group us available. Mike stays to March.
- Expect to have more conversations in Tucson about this.
- Rotator back non flatness ..and other detailed stuff
|Data Facility — DOE investigation|
- Completed site visits to all three labs.
- Answered lots of questions!
- Awaiting inputs from them, due December 1st.
- Recommendation to agencies by December 15th.
|Provenance WG status|
- Not starting until December.
|Sizing & cost model status|
- Some small updates have been done.
- This week expecting:
- Comparison with DES.
- Stretching the timelines through LOY10.
- Statements about bandwidth to tape/disk/memory are designed to ensure we have bandwidth to feed CPUs with data, and to make sure we are purchasing enough drives.
- Combination of reading raw data and writing data products.
- Probably a peak, rather than a sustained, rate.
- Would be a good time for DMLT members to start making substantive comments on this document.
- Not clear that moving to a per-object model would actually make a difference; Kian-Tat Lim has more experiments to run, but is not optimistic.
|Level 2 Milestones|
Test Plans due in the next 45 days
Milestones due in the next 45 days
- LDM-503-10a test plan is reviewed and awaiting regeneration.
- John Swinbank will coordinate shifting milestone dates with Michelle Butler this week.
|Any Other Business|
- Release 19.0.0 RC1 coming from the latest weekly (w_2019_46); hope the release will be done in ~2 weeks.
- “Will not have parity for Butlers”
|DMLT Travel & Availability this week|
|Review open action items|
Due this week
Confluence Quick Tasks
- Wil O'Mullane — write a technote descibing his understanding of schema management
DM-23658Getting issue details...
|06 Apr 2020||Wil O'Mullane||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27|
- Gabriele Comoretto & Architecture team — ensure a version of the detailed DM product tree (LDM-ized version of DMTN-104) is baselined.
|28 Apr 2020||Gabriele Comoretto||DM Leadership Team Face-to-Face Meeting, 2019-10-28 to 30|
- Robert Gruendl — prepare a technote defining the meaning of “bulk download”.
|26 May 2020||Robert Gruendl||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27|
|29 May 2020||Kian-Tat Lim||DMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02|
|01 Jun 2020||Frossie Economou||DMLT Meeting - 2020-04-06|
|05 Jun 2020||Michelle Butler||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27|
- DMTN-148 is almost there suggest 2 weeks review by DMLT.
|15 Jun 2020|| ||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14|
- Eric Bellm — update time-series technote to contain a discussion of the way in which data will be presented to users.
|01 Jul 2020||Eric Bellm||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14|
- Gregory Dubois-Felsmann — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.
|01 Jul 2020||Gregory Dubois-Felsmann||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14|
|06 Jul 2020||Robert Gruendl||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14|
- Colin Slater — Augment LDM-153 to provide a description of the semantics of NULL, NaN, inf, and other database vocabulary.
|06 Jul 2020||Colin Slater||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14|
|06 Jul 2020||Wil O'Mullane||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14|
- Fritz Mueller — engage with the LDF and, as necessary, AP team to best understand the data structures required for the APDB.
|06 Jul 2020||Fritz Mueller||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14|
- Fritz Mueller — Draft an technote describing operational procedures for database ingest.
|03 Aug 2020||Fritz Mueller||DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14|
DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets