Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Regrets

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates
  • AURA-O closed today (4am Tucson time). General unrest in Chile — including Cocimbo. But looks like normality is returning — very calm in general. Italians arrived at Recinto. Spanish (TMA) to arrive soon - hopefully.
    • Stores open partially — long lines, also at gas stations.
    • Mountain is well stocked. Depending on curfew bus will go accordingly (5pm decision today — this time stick to it).
  • NSF & DOE visit last Saturday.
    • Happy with NSF sign on building.
    • Trip to summit: windy, but the dome moved.
    • All got their flights before problems started.
  • IT service contract was to start today as well.
  • IT manager still not hired — (improved) offer not accepted.
    • Did get an engineer, though.
  • Annual audit starts today.
    • Expect this to be handled by Daniel Calabrese.
  • Some murmuring on naming, but nothing concrete.
  • LCR-2045: commissioning descope
    • This shortens commissioning by 3 months, also less funding for DM (although the commissioning funding is not factored into our budget yet).
    • Need to look at it.
  • Filter carousel arrived at SLAC; filter changer and other parts may be on boat (will be this week) from France.
Data Facility — DOE investigation
  • Initial telecon with all 3 labs.
    • Criteria set.
  • SIte visits: SLAC Oct 31, Nov 1, BNL Nov 7, 8, FNAL Nov 14, 15.
    • Leanne, Frossie, Zeljko, John, Bob, Wil.
  • Recommendation due to the agencies by 15 December.
Provenance

LDM-722 Provenance review WG: need potential names.

  • SST proposes Robert Gruendl Gregory Dubois-Felsmann Simon Krughoff. Note that Simon and Robert will be wearing 2 hats and will not just be representing the SST 
  • Keith agrees to propose someone from commissioning SV. We will decide who at the meeting Tuesday.
  • Someone from pipelines? 
  • PST?
  • EPO (I put Amanda Bauer but have not spoken to her)

Would like to have this out for DMLT meeting.

Sizing model
  • Status?
  • Michelle is working on the hardware side, understanding machine types and costing.
  • K-T is working on requirements.
  • Aim to have draft by Friday, will be discussed at DMLT F2F.
DMLT F2F meeting
  • The next face-to-face meeting will take place in next week.
  • Agenda on Confluence page.
Level 2 Milestones

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

  • LDM-503-10a test plan reviewed, needs some tidying up.
    • Execution has been tried repeatedly, but keeps hitting technical issues.
    • Every piece of the test has been executed individually, just not all at the same time
  • Received input from Bob Blum re next observation rehearsals.
  • Dates for various ComCam integration milestones will have to be reset in PMCS by Michelle Butler.
    • PMCS changes will propagate to Jira automatically.
  • Michelle Butler — set appropriate dates on all milestones which depend on ComCam availability.  
Any Other Business
  • DMLT-F2F next week so no telecon (smile) 
  • Nov 3 PT clock change I think (so the Nov 4th DMLT telecon will be one hour later for us in Tucson).
  • Some SUIT team members at Caltech have been offboarded, which hinders their ability to access the LSP in the event of problems.
    • Specifically, Trey, Loi, Tatiana, David Shupe should retain credentials.
  • We expect that LCR-1923 (no in-camera crosstalk correction) will be accepted, since Mike Huffer is retiring.
DMLT Travel & Availability this week
Review open action items
No telecon next week, due to face-to-face-meeting. (See you at SLAC!)

RFCs

Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
06 Jul 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Fritz Mueller — Draft an technote describing operational procedures for database ingest.  
03 Aug 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh