|Table of Contents|
- Gregory Dubois-Felsmann
- Unknown User (xiuqin)
- Trey Roby
- Tatiana Goldina
- Fritz Mueller
- Frossie Economou
- Simon Krughoff
- Brian Van Klaveren
- Kian-Tat Lim
- Kenny Lo
- Leanne Guy (one day only - probably Tuesday - TBD))
- Christine Banek
- Colin Slater
- Adam Thornton (remote)
- Angelo Fausti (remote)
- Loi Ly (remote)
- Unknown User (cwang) (remote)
- David Shupe (remote, Weds and Thurs only)
- James Basney (local)
- Unknown User (awithers) (local)
- Matias Carrasco Kind (local)
- Hsin-Fang Chiang
- Steve Pietrowicz (local)
Remote attendance will be possible.
Remote access will be by Webex: https://ncsaevents.webex.com/ncsaevents/j.php?MTID=mae5edd6bd6eb3d96f1bcfca39c1a1c07
|12pm-1:30pm||Lunch on your own|
|1:30pm-3pm||NCSA 1040||architecture discussion to make sure we can address all the listed use cases Gregory Dubois-Felsmann|
|3:30pm-5pm||NCSA 1040||LSP review charge and prep-work tasks discussion|
Next to DB processing workflow
Next to DB processing work flow continues
|12:30pm-1:30pm||Lunch on your own|
|1:30pm-3pm||NCSA 1040||talk on SciToken and Oauth2 James Basney Michelle Butler|
|12:30pm-2pm||Lunch and tour NCSA facility (we can have lunch delivered for those who want to visit the facility)|
|2pm-3pm||wrap up, and establish timeline for agreed upon tasks|
|3:30pm-5pm||NCSA 1040||hack session: DAX set up WebDAV and SUIT access it from portal|
Suggested topics for discussion
|Topic||Requested by||Time required (estimate)||Notes|
|Deployments of all three aspects within one instance|
|Connect all three aspects|
|WebDAV API for workspace|
|Python access to LSST data (next to database process)|
|Tour of NPCF facility||1.5 hours||If desired, a tour of the National Petascale Computing Facility can be arranged. ~45 minute tour with 10-15 minutes travel each way.|
|Perspectives from elsewhere in NCSA:|
- LSP Requirements: LDM-554
- LSP Design: LDM-542
- Data Access White Paper: Document-5373
- For reference: original text file with agenda contents draft for this workshop
Home2 Suites by Hilton Champaign/Urbana
2013 S. Neil St.
Champaign, IL 61820
Erin Carlson will be doing a rooming list. The hotel is self-pay upon check-out. As long as a TR is placed for this meeting, she will add you to the list for the dates of travel.
9.25.18- sent rooming list to hotel. Please let Erin know if there are changes to your TR and/or dates.
10.2.18- hotel rooming list with confirmation numbers
10.5.18- updated rooming list
|F-NAME||L-NAME||CHECK-IN||CHECK-OUT||TOTAL NGTS||Confirmation #|
Food nearest NCSA:
- Daily Byte (sandwiches); NCSA Lobby
- Daily Byte II (sandwiches); Electrical Engineering Building lobby (1 block east)
- Einsteins (sandwiches); Siebel Center lobby (next building south)
- Beckman Café (cafeteria-style; sandwiches and hot entrees with vegetarian & vegan options); Beckman Institute (1 block east-northeast)
- Other (north and east on University Ave):
- Burger King
- Dairy Queen
- Taco Bell
- Niro’s Gyros
- Food Trucks (varies by day); Two blocks south near Mathews and Springfield
Many more options slightly farther afield (3/4 to 1 mile):
DINNER / NIGHTLIFE / SHOPPING
- Downtown Champaign has a variety of restaurants, bars, and clubs, as well as a movie theater or two, e.g.:
- Downtown Urbana is smaller, but also has numerous restaurants and clubs, e.g.:
- South Neil near the hotel there is Harvest Market (grocery store with restaurant), Starbucks, Moe’s Southwestern Grill, Scotty’s Brewhouse, etc.
- North Prospect Avenue is the main twin cities shopping area, with chain restaurants, big box stores, the Market Place Mall, etc.
- There are a couple parks within walking distance of the hotel -- Mattis Park and the Boulware Trail to the west and Hessel Park to the north.
The University of Illinois Willard Airport is 5 miles south of the Home2suites in the village of Savoy. Taxi, Lyft, or Uber should be about $12 plus tip.
C-U buses generally cost $1 per one-way trip. iStops are campus stops where it is unnecessary to pay a fare to ride the Gold, Illini, Silver, Teal, and Yellow routes. iStop locations are indicated on individual route maps with an iStop symbol (an orange octagon with a white "i" inside) and are identified as such on bus stop signs at the stop location.
The Brown route is closest to the Home2 Suites with a stop at Fox Drive and State Street. Disembark at Springfield and Sixth; NCSA is ½ mile northeast. Route 9B is counter-clockwise (to NCSA), route 9A is clockwise (to the hotel).
A Gold route stop is a long block north of the hotel at State and Kirby. Disembark at the Ceramics building shelter on Goodwin Avenue; NCSA is 0.3 miles north. Take Gold East to NCSA, Gold West to the hotel.
Use the C-U MTD Trip Planner to investigate times and options, but beware of options having you board/disembark at Lot E-14 or St. Mary's and Oak. To get to/from the hotel you have to traverse the narrow St. Mary's Road under an overpass with no sidewalk or shoulder and plenty of morning/evening traffic.