Ideas for things we want to accomplish at Joint Technical Meeting:
- Kem emphasized that he would like more contact with the camera team to make sure OpSim is properly simulating things. Maybe an OpSim + Camera breakout for updates and plans on how to stay in sync in the future
- Getting Elahe up to speed on the relevant OpSim code
- Lynne may be skipping
- Chris may only be able to make part of the meeting
Update on the DESC data challenge.
- Simulating 4 fields over 10 years, using galsim and phosim to generate images.
- Being led by large scale structure group
- adding rotational and spatial dithering to minion_1016
- Josh Myers did a study showing the current rotational dithering was not sufficient. We should invite him to present at a meeting, and get his MAF code.
- Michael is ready to run scripts to modify minion_1016 for them
No plans made for post JTM hack day since Fransisco was unable to attend.