at 10:30a PDT (10:30a MST)
Tucson Location: LSST Conference Room
Videocom: IP 188.8.131.52 (Direct Dial)
Call 1-866-330-1200, Participant Number 860-9352#
Peter, Cathy Srini, Kem, Lynne, Francisco, Iain, Abi
- Iain - production machine names; disk space for opsimblitz2; Atlassian plug-ins
- OpSim & SQLite - plans to move forward
- LSST Project & Community Workshop (1.5 weeks)
- logisitcs or travel updates
- SQLite simulations for Cadence Workshop
- MAF (release of package, workable replacement for SSTAR, radians or degrees, other?)
- Tracking of dataset downloads
- Presentations & Materials (e.g. thumb drives)
- Developer hire
- JIRA - any blockers for items mid-Sprint 12??
- machine names changed; new disk space on ops2 completed
- Cathy will look at choices for Gantt chart
- some people are experiencing slower than normal response times from opsimcvs, but this could be attributed to reasons outside the machine itself and its local network
- Kem is experiencing a time-out of his remote connections that is new - Iain will look into it.
- Conversion of OpSim from using MySQL to SQLite
- Tests of the new code shows significant decrease in performance of the code; diagnostics are in progress; a work around is available for now
- Srini is profiling the codebase to see where the bottlenecks are; a follow up meeting will be held with these results to decide a way forward
- Currently, OpSim can run on MySQL and the conversion utility can be used to create SQLite files for the Cadence Workshop;
- If OpSim continues with MySQL some work will need to be done to make sure MAF can run on the MySQL DB (Lynne and Srini will work on matching up the schemas)
- The compelling reason to continue with SQLite is to simplify the distribution of simulated surveys and places less requirements on the science user.
- We will want to consider how this decision impacts the interface of the simulator and the scheduler
- Lynne will ask Andy to weigh in on this topic
- LSST 2014
- Tier 1 simulations with the latest code and schema are on track for delivery by the end of the week.
- thumb drives will be loaded next week with a "Reference"Run and one other run.
- Topics for next week
- Francisco & Kem will arrive in Tucson Monday mid-day
- proposed changes in workflow states for JIRA (Srini)