August 19, 2014 12:00-2:00 PDT
< previous (2014-08-05) | next (2014-09-02) >
- Qserv dependencies added to stack by Mario.
- Jacek to make sure copyright statements/licensing are sent to Robyn.
- RHL to file a ticket about releases of pseudopackages including unnecessary packages.
DM-1008Getting issue details...
DM-1009Getting issue details...
- Need better document on how/when to use each log level.
- Jacek to send instructions to RHL on how to build it.
|Action Request||KTL for Dick Shaw|
- Add ds9 to the stack?
- RHL: We will continue to be able to use ds9 even if we move to something else.
- Camera team may not have ds9 already.
- JB: Do as "bring your own" with documentation and a link?
- DS: Have already done that.
- FE: Have a better error message if ds9 is not present?
- DS: Kind of late at that point. Put in
- Should keep
- Keep in mind this category of optional-but-useful packages.
- Need a script to check for prerequisites; optional packages could be put in there.
- FE to create a ticket for this.
|Design Deep Dive||KTL|
- Level 2 Calibrated Exposure Processing differences from L1
- Crosstalk correction
- Master calibration products (including extra ones beyond L1)
- Source measurement
- PSF estimation may use entire focal plane, wavefront sensors, history of wavefront data, PSF model built up over time.
- Items from LSST2014 meeting
- DS: Warnings about deprecated packages in doxygen and even at build time?
- RHL: Two situations: where there is a replacement now and where there will be eventually.
- When we know a package is likely to go away or have its interface change extensively, we should mark the package as such. Doing it in the package summary page is adequate for now.
- Package renaming and reorganization
- JBosch: People should submit strawman proposals for debate. Also come up with possible relevant issues like SWIG being slower for multiple packages.
- FE: Want some idea of how repos work with each other; hard with a large number.
- History: many packages for dependencies and developer interaction.
- JBosch: Reorganize Python namespaces to make more sense; can be independent of git repos.
- RHL: Focused proposal for objections might be better.
- DS: Structure can be helpful explaining how packages relate.
- FE: git modules are a problem. Highly hierarchical namespace, but can be in one or a few repos.
- JBosch: Namespaces that make sense conflict with dependencies.
- JBecla: Qserv is all in one package.
- Maximum package size may be set by sharing considerations.
- FE can provide effort to implement.
- Should do before moving off gitolite.
- Aim to have proposal from Jim in the next week or two, have decision by end of September, get everything moved in a week thereafter (if necessary).