Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

June 24, 2014 12:00-2:00 PDT

< previous (2014-06-10) | next (2014-07-01) >

Attendees

 

 

Goals

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Design Deep DiveKTL
  • DM-33 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Level 1 Calibrated Exposure Processing
  • Some initial discussion about calibration frames; modified page accordingly.
  • Will go to a two-week cycle for these: first week draft is prepared, brief intro, level of detail check; second week is detailed discussion of TBDs.
  • Each page should have a list of inputs (and where they come from) and outputs, as appropriate.
StorageDon
  • Need to have structure for data and process to move/archive/delete data.
  • LSST has 190TB allocated in condo now, 180TB used.
  • Could borrow from DES for next month until we can figure out what to purge.
  • Mario will arrange a meeting at All Hands to determine what to purge.
  • At end of each development cycle, decide what to keep/purge.
ComputeDon
  • Need to get new hardware with VM provisioning (possibly using OpenStack).
  • Also getting experience with containers for launching on borrowed systems.
  • Don needs room to have experimental services to gain experience.
  • Ticketing system for admins is good as long as it is transparent; should it be LSST's or NCSA's? Would be nice to have comments that are only visible to admins.  RT may be the future NCSA system, which can have that feature.
Data Center DesignDon
  • Don will set up a meeting with Gregory, K-T, and the in-house NCSA experts to see if they can contribute to the design discussions at the All Hands meeting.
RFC ProcessKTL
  • Current process is not broken but needs to be written down.
  • System Architect should be able to pull RFCs into SAT (or even veto) as needed.
Code Review ProcessKTL
  • Instead of trying to have everyone read everyone else's code, it may make sense to have categories like "science/apps code", "database code", etc.
  • But it's still desirable to make sure that all code can be read by the "average developer".
  • It may make sense to have reviews done by someone more experienced than (or at least equally as experienced as) the developer; less-experienced developers may not challenge more-experienced.  But then it will be necessary to streamline the review process to lighten the burden on the more-experienced developers.
  • Mario Juric will arrange a meeting at All Hands to determine what data to purge.
  • Donald Petravick will set up a meeting with Gregory, K-T, and the in-house NCSA experts to see if they can contribute to the design discussions at the All Hands meeting.
  • Kian-Tat Lim will document the RFC process.