Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

May 22, 2014

| next (2014-05-29) >

Attendees

 

 

Goals

  • Introduce SAT
  • Handle requests for SAT action
  • Discuss FY15 computing needs
  • Set up process for design deep-dives
  • Find windows for future meetings

Discussion Items

TimeItemWhoNotes
5 minIntroductionKTL
2 minAction RequestDustinL
  • DM-711 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • No objections
5 minAction RequestRHL
  • DM-720 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Note that all of these are on the "auto-uprev" list that was proposed (and expanded) in 2011, with the exception of fftw.
  • It is not clear if the "auto-uprev" procedure was ever accepted or put into place.
  • The SAT will decide whether to recommend to the TCT that such a procedure be adopted.
  • We will recommend auto-uprev of the old list of packages
  • We will ask for additions to the list from lsst-data and act on those next meeting
  • Auto-uprev should be a column in the package list
  • Need to ensure that the package list is up to date with the current distribution
  • Need to define ways for packages to be used in limited circumstances
  • Need to find which packages use a third-party package for migration
  • Need to find out who uses a given package and can be consulted about it
  • Distribution server is broader than just DM; need to have Trac page be broader as well (include non-DM packages)
2 minAction RequestJimB
  • DM-713 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • The first decision the SAT will take is whether it needs to be involved in package (re-)naming of this kind.
  • We will approve all package renaming
  • What responsibility do we have for keeping external view stable?
  • Approve this rename; Jim must make sure all downstream packages are modified
15 minDevel/Integration HardwareKTL/DonP
  • DM-721 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Determine current computing resources and FY15 needs
  • Showed initial version of Don template
  • Asked for current resources and future needs in any form (see subtasks of DM-721)
15 min Design Deep-DivesKTL
  • DM-30 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Process for conducting these
  • Prioritization of topics
  • K-T will start with outline and some details, others can comment/question/fill in, then discuss in weekly meeting
  • Problems found will be turned into JIRA issues
  • Start with DM-31 (telescope end), use votes to prioritize other issues
5 minFuture Meeting SchedulingKTL
  • Determination of available windows for weekly meeting
  • Some time windows eliminated; Doodle poll will be sent out

Action Items

  • Kian-Tat Lim to submit to TCT recommendations to approve DM-711 and DM-720
  • Kian-Tat Lim to submit to TCT recommendation to auto-uprev Ray's list and manage third-party software better
  • Kian-Tat Lim to ask for additions to auto-uprev list from lsst-data
  • Kian-Tat Lim to tell lsst-data that package renaming should go through SAT and approve DM-713
  • @All to work on subtasks of DM-721, due week of June 9
  • Kian-Tat Lim to prepare DM-31 for next meeting
  • Kian-Tat Lim to send out Doodle for weekly meeting time and next meeting