| ||NCSA||Unknown User (jalt)|
- NFS service
- Tuning was performed this past week. A new NFS server was set up and both Tomcat nodes were restarted to bring this into play.
- Applied tuning similar to that mounted on the development environment. Aimed at small file transfers and frequent file metadata requests.
- Samba mounting was promised to come up this week, not quite yet ready.
- Jumbo frames: update has been postponed
- Holiday staffing
- Lots of people will be away next week; the week after is the formal holiday. No official support from 12/23 through 1/3.
- Data Management plan ("management of data", not DM)
| ||SLAC||John Gates, Brian Van Klaveren|
- Qserv performance and tuning
- There have been a variety of small issues discovered with query performance and the completeness of the secondary indexes
- DAX services
- Trying to complete initial version of `metaserv` before next week.
- `imgserv` - Trey Roby reports concurrency is much improved
- Would like JSON return blocks when errors are detected
| ||IPAC||Trey Roby|
| || || |
- General discussion of performance monitoring for the Qserv / PDAC cluster
- Relative merits of Nagios, Ganglia, Kibana
- Currently depending on temporary Nagios service set up by Fritz Mueller. Expecting to migrate this
- Igor Gaponenko strongly suggests the use of Ganglia for more detailed machine-level monitoring
- NCSA not able to put additional effort into monitoring during the first half of S17
- Trey Roby Evaluate NFS performance on Tomcat servers after recent tuning