Michelle Gower Jim Bosch Andy Salnikov Tim Jenness Unknown User (mbutler) Unknown User (cs2018)Unknown User (cpond)
- Michelle Gower : Running ci_hsc_gen3 with Oracle using weekly and daily 2019-09-26 which has big ticket changes reporting any problems.
- Unknown User (cs2018) :
- Jim Bosch : Merged
DM-17023Getting issue details...
. Threw together some designs for feedback for the next step in the refactoring (
DM-21448Getting issue details...
DM-21451Getting issue details...
), started coding up the latter. Next up will fix the foreign key name conflict issue Michelle discovered and help get DM-18610 merged (not middleware related, other than it's what is keeping Chris Waters from working on CPP in Gen3).
- Tim Jenness : Working on tech note DMTN-133.
DM-21384Getting issue details...
- Andy Salnikov : Started working on
DM-21201Getting issue details...
last week, but was distracted by many other things, not much progress.
- Upcoming maintenance at NCSA Sept 28th. LSST Service Status page
- Fritz Mueller (copy from last week waiting for Fritz to return from vacation) Are there updates on the requested Provenance presentation/demo?
Short Term Planning
- Run ci_hsc with large set of Gen3 changes.
- Running daily that has for DM-17023 - Refactor the Dimensions and query system DONE to merge to master
- If set DAF_BUTLER_CONFIG_PATH to a location with a registry.yaml file containing Oracle connection info. Much, much better than having to use the previously required hacky shell script. (still have to manually run a clobber sql manually to clean Oracle schema)
- Ran into identifier length issues, etc. Discussions on dm-middleware about moving to newer version of sqlalchemy and applying patch Tim found for identifier length.
- Tim Jenness will create eups version of new sqlalchemy (no patches):
DM-18601Getting issue details...
- Michelle Gower will apply patch for determining max identifier length to the oracleRegistry create_engine code until sqlalchemy version allows longer identifier lengths. (will wait to see if any other Oracle-specific changes are needed to run ci_hsc_gen3 before pushing/merging).
- Foreign key constraint errors
DM-21454Getting issue details...
- Run RC2 patch through as much of DRP as applicable
- needs RC2 bootstrap - approximately 2 or 3 weeks out
- Run RC2
- DB folks will now have larger set of data flow information for analysis (along with updated schemas)
End-of-October DMLT meeting
- Middleware development status 30 minutes
- How close are we to "One Butler for Christmas"?
- Fritz Mueller said he has a pretty good idea of how to track this through the month and report
- Middleware staffing transition - 30 minutes
- Who will be working on middleware during 2020? How can we free up folks — in particular Jim Bosch — to focus on other tasks? Fritz Mueller has agreed to come up with a plan which he will discuss at this meeting.