Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Infrastructure meetings take place every other Thurs. at 9:00 Pacific on the BlueJeans infrastructure-meeting channel: https://bluejeans.com/383721668

Date

Goals

    • Alignment of NCSA-provided services with program needs
    • Ensure effective use of the current NCSA infrastructure
    • Refinement and continuous improvement of services, resources and processes
    • Plan for near- and medium-term activities


Discussions 

ItemWhoNotes
Review of last meeting notes
  • Any updates – none.

1TB/1M quotas for /home

Michelle Butler

work is progressing. A few users over 1M inodes now... so we decided to set this at 2M. Seems like 1M might be a too low of a goal for our /home filesystem.


DRP processing is beginningHsin-Fang Chiang

Continued processing. 25% of jobs errored out due to SSSD time out with ldap. qserv and other nodes have run into the same limitation. We changed the default timeout setting from 15 seconds to 45 seconds, and all has continued to run without problems.

Qserv nodes harddrive reorgAndrew Loftus and Fritz MuellerTesting began yesterday. A few days behind, but all needed. A bit of a hangup for SUDO access is still required on these nodes by Fritz's team for the short term.
Developers guide updateMichelle Butlerall previous work is complete. The quota stuff is being added.
DTN nodes and new VMsphereMichelle Butleron hold until the May 17th PM.
Kubernetes roll outgoing well. the VPN is a pain, and security has set some needs to be done before opening it up. We are working through the security list of things needed before we can open up the cluster to more than just the AURA network. The VPN is to be used otherwise.
ATS archiver systemMichelle Butler

Software being updated now. James Parsons has given a list to the admin staff of what all is needed on that system, and will be testing late next week with it. NCSA will ensure that system is good to go before shipping. There is a review and a long schedule of events to go with that system being shipped to Tucson.

Chile systems updateInstall of machines is going well with a short hichup with the rack and it's set up. Got a shelf, and we were good to go.



PDAC StatusFritz Mueller

3 items: new guy.. was a ticket started. sshd for vax01. Fritz is opening up a ticket. and then vm for the head node for the K8 cluster for pdac. Fritz is opening up a ticket for that too. Fritz Mueller feel free to use the suit proxy server as the PDAC k8s head node.

Topics for next meeting



Action items

Please enter action items in the form

Responsible Person, Due Date, Description