Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Infrastructure meetings take place every other Thurs. at 9:00 Pacific on the BlueJeans infrastructure-meeting channel:




    • Alignment of NCSA-provided services with program needs
    • Ensure effective use of the current NCSA infrastructure
    • Refinement and continuous improvement of services, resources and processes
    • Plan for near- and medium-term activities

  • Discussion items
Review of last meeting notes
  • Any updates
Dedicated batch compute
  • needed to meet project deliverables/milestones
  • LSST does not have an allocation process
  • There is an (undocumented) operating principle that reasonable resource requests need to produce project deliverables
  • Case at hand; Rob & Hsin-Fang are gearing up to do production HSC-PDR1 runs in mid-Feb and need dedicated resources
    • the only way to do this right now is with reservations
    • in the future, more robust job/queue management capabilities will be added
  • However. We need an allocation process to address this long term.

    • Will advertise via login banner & maintenance page
    • no objections from the infrastructure WG

Revamp of Accounts process

Unknown User (pdomagala)

    • Need to refresh subsystem managers list
    • include list of services
    • define default and optional resources
GPFS usageSimon Krughoff
Data transfer nodes
  • Unknown User (pdomagala) will look into the schedule for bringing the addition xfer node(s) online
    • Target for bringing more DTNs online is early March.
PDAC Status
  • Testing is going well
Topics for next meeting

Action items

Please enter action items in the form

Responsible Person, Due Date, Description