Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Infrastructure meetings take place every other Thurs. at 9:00 Pacific on the BlueJeans infrastructure-meeting channel: https://bluejeans.com/383721668

Date

Goals

    • Alignment of NCSA-provided services with program needs
    • Ensure effective use of the current NCSA infrastructure
    • Refinement and continuous improvement of services, resources and processes
    • Plan for near- and medium-term activities


  • Discussion items
ItemWhoNotes
Review of last meeting notes
  • Any updates
    • Today's lsst-dev maintenance resulted in the demise of verify-worker31. Admin's are trouble-shooting.
      • Some people bit by NFS mounts going away. Suggestion that we also email to lsst-staff
    • L1 complete test stand is up & running. More info here.



Status of xfer performance between NCSA & IN2P3

Fabio Hernandez

Reference IHS-342 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Unknown User (pdomagala) has set the ticket in PLANNING state so we can run some further performance tests and formulate a long term plan for NCSA xfer architecture satisfies LSST mission needs

  • Suggest we stand up 2nd xfer node for ~2 weeks(?) in order to do performance/throughput studies.
    • Fabio will start gathering throughput requirements
    • If the intermediate links are the bottleneck, we need data to show it.


Status of Docker & Firefly on lsst-dev

Ref. , Getting issues...

Request put in PLANNING state pending discussion

Action item for Paul to investigate getting GPFS on Nebula.

There is a solid need to have Docker & Firefly on lsst-dev and Nebula (if possible).




/datasets
  • Would like to officially assign Hsin-Fang Chiang as the curator of /datasets. Objections/discussions?
    • curation requirements
    • procedures

The group has no objection.

Discussion re. system updates

NCSA default position re. patching is that that systems are continuously patched (~daily). Have been doing so for ~3 yrs. Admin's claim this hasn't been a problem. Developers say otherwise.

There are plans to move to a more formal test env. before deployment, but currently, we lack hardware to support it.

If developers could have a clear understanding about what is under puppet control, the team is OK with this. Suggest also staying away from putting Python under Puppet control since some developers do use the system Python.

PDAC StatusGregory Dubois-Felsmann
Topics for next meeting



Action items

Please enter action items in the form

Responsible Person, Due Date, Description