- NCSA wants it back and wants us to switch to openstack
- too early, need openstack working more reliably first, most of us are still using lsst-dbdev*
- more refactoring than originally planned (was 60 SPs DM-2607, adding 40 SPs DM-4401)
- push some work on async queries (DM-2136) to next cycle, and push all DM-3500 to next cycle
- note, TAP is related to async queries
- DM-2109 epic goes away, DM-4348 will handle it all
- maybe Brian can do it?
- create epic for logging, S16, 3 stories:
- migrate to stream based logging
- add structures for XSWAP analysis
- improve xrootd logging with respect to qserv – no, that is massive (~1 year) project. Simpler: feed of logging from xrootd. Issue: what we stream depends what is turn on (debugging / no debugging)
- finish scripts to fully automate running multi-node, integrate with jenkins
- 1-2 weeks of work, Fabrice with Joshua Hoblitt
- also, would be better to rewrite the scripts in python, current shell scripts easy to break
- ~3 more days
- Brian can help
- add epic to capture this work
- acting differently for different people, turns out this depends on how we connect to mysql (with/without --protocol=tcp)
- is not called, debugging
- problems running queries after ~24h of inactivity
- issue: in InfileMerger we have mysqlConnection and sqlConnection object, the latter does not have logic for reconnection after timeout.
- Created DM-4429 issue to revisit need for both.