John Gates, Andy Hanushevsky, Andy Salnikov, Fritz Mueller, Fabrice Jammes, Vaikunth Thukral, Kian-Tat Lim, Jacek Becla
Large scale tests
- useful tips at: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/exp/lsst/qserv/2015_05/HOW-TO/cluster-deployment.html
- remaining 25 nodes on site, will be installed this month
- problems with scisql, fixed by Fabrice during mtg
- Serge debugging some remaining issues
- multi-line escaping
- to simplify automated parsing
- but want real new lines for debugging by developers
- could redirect multi-line via DEBUG to a separate file
- better: configure through handlers: production handler would escape "\n"
- printing PID
- yes, useful. Optional
- potentially flask could run in multi-process mode, default is multi-threading
- want to transition from K-T to Data Access team sooner than originally planned
- 3h butler design session w/K-T June 2, 12:30-3:30
Multi-node integration tests
- problems after switching to latest qserv
- eg, with restarting services
- tracked it down to problems with permissions in mysql: xrootd plugin won't start if the internal db not available.
- design discussion about distributed vs centralized approach
Unknown User (xiuqin)
Jacek Becla Could I listen in the design meeting? I think it could be a great education opportunity for me.
Yes of course! (We are pretty much always on the nwb hangout during our meetings)