Mondays 12pm - 12:50pm ET
Yusra's Zoom: https://princeton.zoom.us/my/yusra
- Meeting recorder - Jim Bosch (last 6 meetings were: Keith, Fred, Nate, Jeff, Clare, Arun)
- Review Action items from last month
- astrometry plots (visit and coadd sky plots) now in review
- sky coverage plots ( - DM-34625Getting issue details... STATUS ) now in review
- Piff robustification (
DM-36930Getting issue details...
- Lauren MacArthur will make a new ticket to take over adding a check on max distance to nearest PSF star, and do it in the visit summary stat code, starting from code snippet provided by Joshua Meyers : - DM-37411Getting issue details... STATUS
- some of these CCDs are salvageable
- some of these are not salvageable, and could silently cause problems downstream (maybe not FGCM, jointcal at worst weakly, definitely coadds, maybe CRs)
- this is complicated by the fact that the coadd input selection PSF checks still incorrectly use the original PSF
- Jim Bosch will add a new round of visit-summary calculation after the final PSFs, and switch back to PSFEx for the initial PSFs ( - DM-35207Getting issue details... STATUS )
- stellar locus in 9813 is wider than other tracts (long-standing, no updates)
- Processing Status
- Review w_2022_48 rerun:
- "payload" errors (from tasks) now being included better in pilot logging
- same characterizeImage and calibrate failures as before
- ~40 fewer subtractImages failures compared to last run (expected)
- 9697 patch 7 detection:
- failed in _44 ("unable to evaluate coadd PSF")
- succeeded in _48
- thought the fix was - DM-35722Getting issue details... STATUS but that landed in _38
- also thought the fix might be - DM-36762Getting issue details... STATUS , but while timing is right, there's no connection from the code change to the behavior
- need to track this down to make sure it gets backported to v24
- want to check that the right version of the stack was actually used for step1 in _48
- templates (and other things holding lots of PSFs) do indeed take half the space
- - DM-36763Getting issue details... STATUS
- Recall history:
- w12: psfex
- w16: piff (bad size residuals)
- w20: finalizeCharacterize (bad apcorr configs → bad stellar locus)
- w22: lanczos11 + apcorr configs (better stellar locus and size residuals approx equivalent to psfEx!
- w24: PIFF kernelSize to 25. new scarlet lite storage.
- w28: attempt at fixing
measurefailures: - DM-35722Getting issue details... STATUS
- w32: First RC2 at SLAC. subtractImages compatibility mode on
- w36: subtractImages Compatibility mode off
- w48: 9697/7 succeeds, extra subtractImage failures gone,
- Chronograf, plot-navigator review of _48
- "Everything looks okay"
- But the first thing Chronograph showed us for wPerp was very strange and concerning (before picking times), and we can't get back to it now.
- analysis_tools plots apparently failed to run
- There will not be a _52 run. First HSC RC2 run will w_2023_02, but be prepared for surprises in tagging.
- Expect analysis_tools object core plots should be working again.
- Other tickets still pending, motivated by HSC PDR4 deadlines.
- SkyObject histogram plots should have been added (landed in _49).
- Piff performance improvements in external review, don't know when that will land.
- fgcmcal will soon be using isolated star catalog.
- new rho statistics plots landing soon in analysis_tools, including multi-tract plots
- some dataset type names will be changing to be more predictable/descriptive
- Expect a doodle for a new meeting time!
|Description||Due date||Assignee||Task appears on|
|04 Sep 2020||Sophie Reed||DRP Metrics Monitoring 2020-08-07|
|DRP Metrics Monitoring 2023-06-26|
|DRP Metrics Monitoring 2023-06-26|
|DRP Metrics Monitoring 2022-10-31|
|Yusra AlSayyad||DRP Metrics Monitoring 2021-06-14|
|Arun Kannawadi||DRP Metrics Monitoring 2021-04-19|
|Arun Kannawadi||DRP Metrics Monitoring 2021-03-01|
|Yusra AlSayyad||DRP Metrics Monitoring 2021-01-04|
|Jeffrey Carlin||DRP Metrics Monitoring 2021-01-04|