Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

In Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates
  • PCW - all good, 700 registered but 300+ max on any session. Chilean talks were also good but added at last minute. Should integrate better next time.
  • JSR - end of today website goes out (should be at least right) .  Later this week updates. A week from today all plenaries posted links on agenda. 
    • new org chart (done for DM)
    • link to charge (done for DM)
    • tie to performance (one slide added to DM)
    • we have agenda, links to rooms, docs from JDR,
    • Can not guarantee reviewers will attend breakouts - could ask for anything (same as usual ?)
      • e.g. manager smay not bother with technical breakouts.
  • JSR from Ranpal
    • This is still the main google folder
    • In there the Plenaries folder contains Original-Old plenary files that were presented at the JDR (except camera and DM)
    • When your file is ready for posting please put it into folder Plenaries > JSR - Ready for posting (Camera and DM are already in there for the JSR)
    • Camera and DM Plenary PDF's are already posted to the review website: login in with your credentials - Vincent at Wil please check.
    • If you have a Project org chart in your slides please update it with attached (I already updated for Camera and DM before posting)
    • For any presentation or doc updates please copy me and Rob.
  • Safety startup at Camera and Chile .. getting used to safety gear etc .. nothing critical on day 1.
  • How to list critical staff for critical activities.. may be a database of procedures.
    • of course list of procedures is lacking in some places.
    • Kevin Reil will make some lists ..
  • Wil O'Mullane — to check that the JSR review charge really is the same as the JDR review charge.  
Monthly report
DM-CCB
  • Usual issues escalated.
LHN

Effective October 1, 2020, Jeff will be reducing his work time to 50%, with 25% on Rubin Observatory and 25% on NOIRLab projects. For Rubin Observatory on Operations contracts and SLAs starting in October.

CAM role for the Long-Haul Networks (WBS 02C.08.03) will go to Cristian Silva as well as his co-chairmanship. We will do an LCR of the LHN WBS from DM to IT.

Reviews
  • Confluence page with key dates & agenda: JDR2020/JSR2020
  • JSR: 31 August – 3 September (two weeks away)
    • Updates to be made post-JDR (have we made them yet?):
      • Risk slides — adding architecture risk, and new requirements on security exposure needs to be increased (could bump this exposure further, due to Huawei regulations; Jeff Kantor will review).
      • Milestone Gantt chart needs to be added.
  • Document pack.
    • Some documents have already been RFCed and will be in CCB this week.
    • Otherwise, please finish your docs that were in draft for the JDR and make sure they don't say “draft” on them for the JSR.
    • KTL will add a Google POC report if one will be available in time.
DMLT vF2F
  • 2020-09-15/17; four weeks away.
  • As usual, there's a suggestion box on the wiki page: please add topics.
Project and Community Workshop
  • Was last week.
  • Are there any matters arising and is any follow-up discussion needed?
    • Discussed above.
L2 Milestones

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Risks or Schedule

Risk items needing review

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Status days since review
Loading...
Refresh

Overdue risks (obligation date passed)

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

Risk mitigations due at the end of this month

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Overdue risk mitigations

 

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

Any other businessWil O'Mullane

Availability

 Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Wil O'Mullane — send out Doodle polls for calendar 2021 DMLT meetings.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • T/CAMs — at the next T/CAM call, consider plans for appropriately tracking schedule/variance in the era of Covid.  
25 Sep 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Yusra AlSayyad  — provide a timeline for complete pipeline conversion to Gen3.  
28 Sep 2020Yusra AlSayyadDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Leanne Guy — agree Gen3 acceptance tests for November 1.   DM-26798 - Getting issue details... STATUS
28 Sep 2020Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Michelle Butler — understand the parameter space for getting a “long term lease” on an SSH connection to NCSA, and discuss with Wil O'Mullane what wiggle room we have.  
28 Sep 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
28 Sep 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • John Swinbank Arrange focused brainstorming meeting with RHL, TIm, Chris , Jim, Yusra, John - to get DMTN-148 further updated . Should at least list all calibration cases even if not solved.  
30 Sep 2020John SwinbankDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
05 Oct 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Fritz Mueller — write a SOW for APDB POC on a cloud provider. 
05 Oct 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh