Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

In Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates
  • Logistics for review - (Plenary) slides should be provided today. Confirmed that not officially release docs are fine for JDR.
  • Trying to get the telescope/camera ICD properly formalized "as built" - there are potential non conformance on both sides. This will be an on going discussion in the next while (coolant, temperature .. ) started with LCR-2303 (especially the comments).
Snowmass 2021 Meeting

Every half-decade or so the US high energy physics community engages in a planning process that looks ahead five to ten years to prioritize possible future directions and projects.  There used to be a meeting lasting several weeks in Snowmass, Colorado for this exercise.  Although we no longer have a long meeting there, the name Snowmass has stuck.  The previous plan was called Snowmass 2013, and we are now working on Snowmass 2021, which will culminate with a large meeting July 11-20 in Seattle and a report later that Fall.  Details can be found at the wiki snowmass21.org

The planning is organized by "Frontiers," and we would like to introduce the Computational Frontier.  It is important that experiments and groups doing large scale computations be well represented in the Computational Frontier.  The main page in the wiki for this frontier is here: https://snowmass21.org/computational/start

We have been asked if some DM people would attend this meeting. Action on everybody to review this and see if they will be interested.

Yusra AlSayyad  will be going to a kick-off meeting today and will report back.

  • All DMLT — Review Snowmass 2021 website and decide if you are interested.  
DM-CCB
Reviews
Monthly report for June
  • Will be due next week.
L2 Milestones

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Risks or Schedule

Overdue risks (obligation date passed)

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

Risk mitigations due at the end of this month

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Overdue risk mitigations

 

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

 

Any other businessWil O'Mullane

Availability
  • Wil O'Mullane — CMB-S4 Directors review this week - Tues 7:30 - Thursday 12:00 (PT).
    • Will not make regular one-to-one meetings; will be available by mail if necessary.
No meeting next wek due to JDR. We will reconvene on 27 July.

 Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Wil O'Mullane — send out Doodle polls for calendar 2021 DMLT meetings.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • T/CAMs — at the next T/CAM call, consider plans for appropriately tracking schedule/variance in the era of Covid.  
25 Sep 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Yusra AlSayyad  — provide a timeline for complete pipeline conversion to Gen3.  
28 Sep 2020Yusra AlSayyadDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Leanne Guy — agree Gen3 acceptance tests for November 1.   DM-26798 - Getting issue details... STATUS
28 Sep 2020Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Michelle Butler — understand the parameter space for getting a “long term lease” on an SSH connection to NCSA, and discuss with Wil O'Mullane what wiggle room we have.  
28 Sep 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
28 Sep 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • John Swinbank Arrange focused brainstorming meeting with RHL, TIm, Chris , Jim, Yusra, John - to get DMTN-148 further updated . Should at least list all calibration cases even if not solved.  
30 Sep 2020John SwinbankDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
05 Oct 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Fritz Mueller — write a SOW for APDB POC on a cloud provider. 
05 Oct 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh