Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

In Location

Browser

Room System

Phone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Apologies

Discussion Items

ItemWhoNotes
Project updates

JSR- Draft agenda coming this week. Cost data to March.  DM Cover status to March with loss to efficiency .. will be all week but virtual. 
Vincent says DOE will not be happy with March data - charge will say is project making progress against plan (pre COVID).

Meetings this week to make progress restarting in Tucson - coordinate with NOIRLab, then readiness review. This is stage 1for Rubin only - does not involved DM people. NOIRLab resistant to restart due to rising cases in Tucson. 

Frossie will be added to managers list - can overlap with John.

Wednesday - few emails, managers, PST already sent. How to be supportive while federally allowable. Taking day off is fie - anyone can take the day off.  Ranpal will take day off and be avilable for discussions. https://bit.ly/3h0XS7Z

Project meetings -  can be cancelled.  We can not tell people strike. We can cancel meeting and say “if people wish to come discuss, on their own time,” preferable to use Zoom from a university for such meetings not BJ which is paid from federal funds. However use of tools/laptops etc. can be claimed as personal development and project improvement. 
CCB at 10am and PST at 14:00 are cancelled. There will be a zoom channel open for discussion at one those times - Ranpal will let us know.
"Hear from CCB members outside of AURA on initiatives in their institutions and how well (or not) they have achieved objectives. Output: at least one actionable measurable suggestion to Rubin leadership.” If you as DMLT have internal discussions and would like ot raise potential actions to management this would be a possible forum .

Town Hall proposed - can not be political, needs to be about values of the project. "Open dialog where Leadership and Work Culture Advocates share, reflect and listen to what's on the minds and in the hearts of Rubin staff and community.
Big meetings do not generate interaction .. but it could send the message of openness to dialog. 

Wednesday


Wil O'Mullane

Wednesday June 10

https://www.particlesforjustice.org/strike-details

https://www.shutdownstem.com/

I will take leave and not have regular meetings, will join the above mentioned discussion at 10 or 14:00  to discuss potential positive actions we could take. 

I will be reading "So you want to talk about Race" Ijeoma Oluo.

I will decide where to donate a days salary.

Data Policy

Concerning the action to discuss "rolling out data products and capabilities to users without having them scoop the project or swamp our resources.” A meeting was held with Bob Blum and Phil Marshall (ops directors) and Frossie Economou, Leanne Guy, John Swinbank and William O’Mullane on 3 June 2020.
Various issues were raised such as someone downloading all PVIs and publishing a catalog,  an individual wishing to do their own non standard processing which requires a lot of support, someone producing bad products ahead of Rubin and others. 
The feeling was that the data policy (ls.st/LDO-013) in fact covers all of these issues (bulk download, producing products which should be proprietary etc. ). Bulk download should be under MOU which is not perhaps explicit enough in LDO-013 - Bob Blum will review that.

We discussed that that some of these concerns might be mitigated by publishing single-epoch catalogs from prompt processing; we suggested that this topic could be raised at our next F2F if applicable.

DM-CCBCancelled this week.
Reviews

Unbelievably .. directors review in six weeks https://project.lsst.org/reviews/hub/node/486

Mainly replan oriented (not full status )

VCD (LDM-692) will be possibly the most important document.

JDR2020/JSR2020

  • All DMLT: Audit the 2020 review document list and add documents which are missing (alert brokers, Google POC, etc) and take responsibility for delivering them.  
Next DMLT F2F
  • Provisionally, we decided to run a vF2F in Septemberish unless anybody objected before this meeting.
    • Did they?
    • If not, get out our calendars and choose a date.
  • John Swinbank — schedule a DMLT vF2F for September 2020.  

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

  • Will we show an L2 milestone for the Science Platform by the time of the review?
    • Yes; we should make sure it happens.
  • Wil O'Mullane — make sure a L2 milestone for the Science Platform exists in P6.  
Risks or Schedule
Any other business
  • Kian-Tat Lim : Working for a permanent resolution to Jenkins issues.
Availability


Overdue

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Due this week

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created planned end
Loading...
Refresh

Action Items

Confluence Quick Tasks

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27
  • Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — update the Science Platform design documentation to reflect that data access services should be tested with PyVO.  
01 Jul 2020Gregory Dubois-FelsmannDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-05-12/14
  • Wil O'Mullane — send out Doodle polls for calendar 2021 DMLT meetings.  
21 Sep 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • T/CAMs — at the next T/CAM call, consider plans for appropriately tracking schedule/variance in the era of Covid.  
25 Sep 2020 DM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Yusra AlSayyad  — provide a timeline for complete pipeline conversion to Gen3.  
28 Sep 2020Yusra AlSayyadDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Leanne Guy — agree Gen3 acceptance tests for November 1.   DM-26798 - Getting issue details... STATUS
28 Sep 2020Leanne GuyDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Michelle Butler — understand the parameter space for getting a “long term lease” on an SSH connection to NCSA, and discuss with Wil O'Mullane what wiggle room we have.  
28 Sep 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
28 Sep 2020Robert GruendlDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • John Swinbank Arrange focused brainstorming meeting with RHL, TIm, Chris , Jim, Yusra, John - to get DMTN-148 further updated . Should at least list all calibration cases even if not solved.  
30 Sep 2020John SwinbankDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
05 Oct 2020Wil O'MullaneDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17
  • Fritz Mueller — write a SOW for APDB POC on a cloud provider. 
05 Oct 2020Fritz MuellerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-09-15/17

DMLT-relevant Jira Tickets

Key Summary Reporter Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh