Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Location

BrowserRoom SystemPhone Dial-in

https://bluejeans.com/293724745/

  1. Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
  2. Enter Meeting ID: 293724745 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers:

  • +1 408 740 7256
  • +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
  • +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)

Meeting ID: 293724745

(back to the list of all DMLT meeting minutes)

Time

10:15am PT

Attendees

Regrets

  • None

DMLT Meeting Goals

  • Weekly meeting to keep the DM leadership team coordinated, informed, and in agreement on the vision, priorities, and challenges facing DM construction, including surfacing and resolving issues and ambiguities needing our attention. The goal of this meeting is to provide information and decisions that help each one of us better direct our own (or our team's) activities.

Discussion Items

Guidelines: Propose items in line with the meeting rationale (see above); include as much information in the agenda notes; summarize, don't go into details while on the call; maximize time available for discussion. 

ItemWho

Notes

AdminWil O'Mullane
  • Introduce Michelle Poland .
  • Michelle Poland and Aime Brown Wiest will be collectively providing admin support for DM. (email @ tucson-admin-assistants@lsst.org)
  • There will be an e-mail address for contacting them both at once... but we need to find it out after the meeting.
  • Wil O'Mullane — Distribute e-mail address for contacting admins.  
Project updates
  • Was going to be about shutdown but now we are ok for another 3 weeks. 
  • Still contingency is very tight. Need to examine budgets carefully. Will get tighter as we get to the end of the project.
    • Worth emphasizing that “we are not in trouble” — we still have adequate contingency, we just need to make sure we are appropriately frugal.
  • Estimate to Complete has been refreshed every six months for the last couple of years. Moving forward, this will be every month.
  • New news digest coming out soon.
  • AIV/Commissioning workshop week of Feb 25th in Tucson. Issue based specific time with selected periods; Chuck pushing for specific decisions and plans.
  • ESNET - how do we pay for it.. this an up front cost which will reduce ops costs. 
Risk ManagementWil O'Mullane

Now that risks are in Jira, I have assigned some risks to some people. You should:

  • Asses the risk status at least every 2 months (i.e. cost or probability change ?)
    • Please notify Wil O'Mullane when you make changes, so he can discuss them with the Risk Review Board.
  • Specifically look at the trigger date and see if it is sensible.
  • The risk meeting is tomorrow - DM is up - we will be quized on residual risk exposure.
  • Ask if you are unsure - I would like to make DMLT but especially T/CAMs aware of the risk process and part of it.
Next DMLT F2FJohn Swinbank
  • Is four weeks away.
  • And will be remote.
  • Check on the status of the agenda.
  • Discuss the working hours of this meeting: 09:00 to 14:30 Pacific was suggested on Slack. Are we happy with that?
    • Yes.
  • All DMLT — provide suggestions for 2019 DM “swag”.  
DM-CCBWil O'Mullane
  • The reconstituted DM-CCB met for the first time on 2019-01-15.
  • We discussed the goals and responsibilities of the DM-CCB; these are summarised on Confluence and in LDM-294 (see RFC-561 - Getting issue details... STATUS ).
  • We expect the DM-CCB to be proactive in engaging with the RFC process.
Middleware demoFritz Mueller
  • End-of-January middleware demo coming up shortly... Fritz Mueller will enlighten us as to the details.
  • Demo will be Friday of this week at 12:30 Pacific.
Science Platform managementWil O'Mullane
  • A coordination and responsibility issue with LSP was raised from various quarters.
  • Frossie has been asked to CAM the LSP
  • LDM-294 needs an update to cover that (though now I realize we did not update for Butler/Supertask .. which was  to be shorter term )
  • Note that there will be a regular “Science Platform Standup” following the Monday DMLT call.
  • Wil O'Mullane — Update LDM-294 to reflect Science Platform and Butler/SuperTask management.  
Jira issue prioritiesWil O'Mullane
  • To date, we document no semantics associated with the Jira issue priorities (“blocker”, “critical”, etc).
    • Various folks have used them to indicate things they think are particularly important and/or annoying, but in no organized way.
  • Should we? Is this related to how we should relate to the Commissioning Team or other activities on the mountain?
  • NB do not confuse the “blocker” issue priority with the “blocking” relationship between issues!
  • All DMLT — Provide Wil O'Mullane with opinions on issue priorities.  
QAWGWil O'Mullane
  • DMTN-085 is out and on the agenda for our F2F .. many actions are implied come prepared.
  • John Swinbank — Make sure QAWG discussion at DMLT F2F has enough time and is at an appropriate level of granularity to be actionable.  
Level 2 Milestones

Test Plans due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

503-8b - Update requested by Leanne.

Milestones due in the next 45 days

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

RFCs and CCB
  • We agreed that in future these will be primarily discussed at the DM-CCB, and only escalated to the DM-CCB on an as-needed basis.
Green cardsFrossie Economou
  • AURA cannot use encumbered funds to pay for green card applications.
  • Support in other ways (work with lawyers, letters of recommendation, etc) is possible.
LSST:UK Qserv experience
  • 2019-02-07 at the PDAC meeting (09:00 Project) there will be a demo by George Beckett of UK experience with Qserv at the LSP Integration meeting.
Open todo items
DMLT travel & availability this week


Overdue RFCs

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Past action items

Outstanding DMLT meeting action items (Confluence tasks)

Outstanding JIRA issues assigned to the DMLT team (includes DMLT label as well for historical reasons)

Open DMLT actions

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Kian-Tat Lim  & Michelle Butler  — propose a design and schedule for deploying a rapid processing system at the LDF.  
29 May 2020Kian-Tat LimDMLT Meeting - 2020-03-02
  • Michelle Butler  & Gregory Dubois-Felsmann  — identify existing requirements, or suggest new requirements, for a user-facing ”bulk-download“ service (but not under that name).  
05 Jun 2020Michelle ButlerDM Leadership Team Virtual Face-to-Face Meeting, 2020-02-25 to 27