Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 –  

Remote access:

Attendees

Goals

  • Final issue resolution and resource loading for DM construction plan.

Logistics

The meeting will take place in room 346 (the Visualization Laboratory) of the Lewis Science Library, Princeton, NJ. See the maps here and here. When you arrive at Lewis, follow signs for PICSciE rather than the library or classrooms; you'll need to take the elevator or stairs to the third floor.

We suggest booking hotel accommodation at the Nassau Inn, which is within convenient walking distance of the meeting venue. Please coordinate with Laurie Thomas when doing so. Note that we will provide a light breakfast at the meeting.

For directions to the campus, refer to the University website. The easiest option for visitors from outside the area is to fly to Newark Liberty International Airport, then take the NJ Transit train to Princeton Junction. From Princeton Junction, a shuttle train runs to central Princeton. The Lewis Library is a 20 minute walk from the station (NB Google Maps walking directions will send you on a circuitous route; in practice, you can cut fairly directly across the campus) alternatively, you may prefer to ride the (free) TigerTransit bus system.

Parking on campus between 08:00 and 17:00 is available in Lot 21 or Lot 23 (map). Between 17:00 and 02:00, most lots are open to visitors (excluding 8, 9 and 18). Refer to the University's information on visitor parking and directions to the public lots.

Nearest (commercial) source of coffee is on the second floor of the Frist Campus Center (5 minutes walk).

Agenda

StartEndSummarySession chairGoals

Monday 16 November 2015

12:3013:00Meeting preparation: set up and confirm audio/visual/telecomJDS/remote 
13:0013:05

Ground Rules

KTL

Setting interaction and behavioral expectations

13:0513:15

Agenda

KTLAny last-minute changes
13:1513:45IntroductionsKTLEach attendee gets 2 minutes to tell about their background and systems they have built
13:4514:15

Roles

MJClarifying three-in-a-box roles, T/CAM roles, science/technical lead roles
14:1515:15

Current situation 1

XW, FE, JB, DP15 minutes each to talk about what has been built so far and where we are
15:1515:45Break Refreshments provided
15:4516:15

Current situation 2

KSK, JDS

15 minutes each to talk about what has been built so far and where we are

16:1516:45

Project science

MJRole of the PST and what the PST has been doing
16:4517:00External milestonesGPDFQuick review of dates for expected deliveries to other subsystems and system integration
17:0017:30End-to-end systemKTLInternal goals for demonstrating system capability and functionality

Tuesday 17 November 2015

08:1008:30Breakfast; meeting preparation: set up and confirm audio/visual/telecomJDS/remoteCoffee, tea, juice, rolls, etc (as per AURA policy)
08:3010:00What we are building 1JDS, KSK, DP

30 minutes each to talk about what we are building for:

  • ComCam
  • Full Camera Commissioning
  • Survey Operations
  • Beyond
10:0010:30Break Refreshments provided
10:3012:00What we are building 2JB, FE, XW30 minutes each to talk about what we are building for:
  • ComCam
  • Full Camera Commissioning
  • Survey Operations
  • Beyond

12:30

13:30Working Lunch: Working as a teamKTL

Provided

How do we improve teamwork, trust, collaboration?  Do good fences make for good neighbors?  Should we have more goals and activities as all-DM versus individual institutions/teams?

13:3015:30What we needKTLResource requirements and dependencies for DM as currently understood
15:3016:00Break Refreshments provided
16:0016:45   
16:4517:30OperationsKTLTOWG and LOPT status, quick review of roles and skillsets needed in Operations, estimation kickoff

Wednesday 18 November 2015

08:1008:30Breakfast; meeting preparation: set up and confirm audio/visual/telecomJDS/remoteCoffee, tea, juice, rolls, etc (as per AURA policy)
08:3010:00Technical discussions and disruptive changeKTL

Decisions on how to proceed on:

  • LSST commitment to VO support:
    • Which VO standards to support, which team(s) to work on them, and how do they interact with the community?
    • How do the VO standards handlle authentication?
    • 6 months ago KTL was supposed to task TJ with answering these questions; that never happened; should it?
  • AstroPy integration
    • MJ/KTL proposal
  • Issues held up by HSC merge:
    • Initial Pythonification
    • Package reorganization
10:0010:30Break Refreshments provided
10:3012:30Roadmap completion 1KTL

What is not credible about LDM-240 and how are we going to fix it?

12:3013:30Working Lunch: Improving productivity and decision making 

Provided

How can we avoid missed deadlines, confusion about what we're doing, volume of communication?

13:3014:30Roadmap completion 2KTLWhat is not credible about LDM-240 and how are we going to fix it?
14:3015:15SuperTask demo and short-term workflow plansGPDFDemo of SuperTask prototype; discussion of what we can do about Pipeline Construction and workflow until NCSA team can ramp up starting in January (pptx)
15:1515:45Break Refreshments provided
15:4517:00DM prioritiesKTLWhat are the most important things for us to be doing and what are we doing on them
17:0017:30Wrap-up and action items 1KTLConclusions and actions so far for people who are leaving (MJ, DP, DC, DN)
19:0021:00Social dinner Self pay (per diem). Catered meal at 287 Hamilton Ave, 30 minutes walk from the meeting venue.

Thursday 19 November 2015

08:1008:30Breakfast; meeting preparation: set up and confirm audio/visual/telecomJDS/remoteCoffee, tea, juice, rolls, etc (as per AURA policy)
08:3010:30

T/CAM time

T/CAMs 
10:3011:00Break Refreshments provided
11:0012:45

Near-term (W16) adjustments

JKDiscussion of mid-cycle updates needed to W16 plan
12:4513:00Wrap-up and action items 2JKConclusions and actions from the day

Close of Meeting