Date and Location
, 11am-12pm pacific.
- IPAC: Unknown User (jar), Gregory Dubois-Felsmann, Unknown User (xiuqin), Unknown User (ciardi)
- SQUARE: Frossie Economou
- NCSA: Greg Daues, Steve Pietrowicz, Margaret Gelman, Matias Carrasco Kind, Hsin-Fang Chiang
- Architecture; Kian-Tat Lim, Tim Jenness
- SLAC: Nate Pease, Brian Van Klaveren, Fritz Mueller, Andy Salnikov, Vaikunth Thukral, Unknown User (kelsey), Jacek Becla
- To start getting on the same page with regards to butler, with focus on what butler really is, what it does, what its roles are, what APIs is has, and most importantly what it will and will not do in the future.
It'd be great if each team could cover features you think you "must have" in butler that are not available today, and features that would be nice-to-have but are not critical.
|5min||Intro||K-T or NateP or Jacek|
|10min||Princeton||DRP Butler Requirements / Feature Requests|
|10min||IPAC||SUI / Level 3 and SuperTask feedback on the Butler|
Tim Jenness : I feel strongly that we should have two persistable file format options designed in to the butler (FITS and HDF5 say) so that we can be sure we have a flexible design that is not wedded to a single file format.
Butler (not-done) stories:
- Nate Pease, turn the requirements discussed / input received into JIRA stories
- Identify core architectural issues
- Design core architectural issues
- Write a comprehensible high level design document
- Create interface definition (we will defer remote butler & URL interface definition)
- Application Interface
- Configuration Interface
- Back-end interface. Include what can be plugged in, and where.
- Nate Pease and Kian-Tat Lim - propose prioritization of all butler stories
- Work on top-priority item for each group:
- Princeton: - DM-4181Getting issue details... STATUS (epic S16) (Serge Monkewitz is working on kind-of-related - DM-3472Getting issue details... STATUS )
- SUI: Multiple repositories: finish defining, create story, work on partial implementation TBD.
- UW: - DM-4168Getting issue details... STATUS (epic Butler W16), also "if time": - DM-4180Getting issue details... STATUS (epic S16)
- Tuscon: define interface for - DM-4555Getting issue details... STATUS (epic S16, assigned to BVK)
- NCSA: (nothing at this time)