2pm Pacific Time

Zoom: https://washington.zoom.us/j/98846655020



Topics for discussion:

  • Project updates (Eric Bellm , Ian Sullivan ):
    • nothing notable
  • Auxtel processing status (all):
    • run coming up this week–going try running diffim, again
  • Pipelines Infrastructure (Krzysztof Findeisen , John Parejko ):
    • DM-40046 - Getting issue details... STATUS – being fixed this afternoon with Erin
  • Precursor processing & Campaign Management ( Kenneth Herner , Erin Howard):
    • Ken: following a thread about job overhead in #ops-usdf in condor, panda, interactive SLURM.
      • otherwise trying to complete his ap_verify run comparison script.
    • Erin
      • APDB filled up again. .
      • has been cleaning the up the APDB–we're not sure why the APDB is filling when the APDB is not being used
      • it filled up when Erin had not made any large runs
      • Krzysztof asked Dan Speck on PP channel if there was anything else using the Postgres db or the partition, so we don't know what's going on
        • Dan will look into it further when he gets back from vacation
      • HSC runs are ~40 GB, HiTS ~3 GB. 
      • some open questions about variance from run to run, and why the db is at capacity when the schemas seem smaller
      • per previous discussion, keeping ~2 older monthly runs seems reasonable–Erin is rotating/deleting as requested
      • 1 TB hopefully gives us enough overhead?
    • Erin
      • otherwise, started Saha Bulge run
  • Image differencing algorithms, DCR  ( Bruno Sanchez , Ian Sullivan ):
    • out today
  • alert distribution (Brianna Smart , Eric Bellm ):
    • out today
  • transinet (Nima Sedaghat Harshit Rai , Eric Bellm ):
    • out today
  • Solar-system processing (Ari Heinze ):
    • out today
  • Review CI (https://usdf-rsp-dev.slac.stanford.edu/chronograf/):
    • a one un-associated DIASource change in HiTS, which we hypothesize is DM-39733 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • but actually it's too early, maybe DM-39804 - Getting issue details... STATUS ?  but we don't see any speedups in the timing, so maybe it's not being run yet?
    • in #dm-jenkins it looks like 7.0 was available on the 13th, and https://lsstc.slack.com/archives/C2JPMCF5X/p1689621951635779 discusses a number of DRP regressions at the same time.
  • Review outstanding action items
  • QA meeting September:
    • Eric on detection thresholds/fakes forced photometry?
    • streak masking/long trail rejection (Bri & Meredith)
  • AOB
    • Eric will be on vacation next two weeks, Ian will run the meeting

Action Items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Eric Bellm write up retention policy and sizing for APDB  
17 Jul 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-06-26
  • Eric Bellm dig into alert serialization test in ap_association and ticket ways to improve it  
11 Sep 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-08-21
  • Eric Bellm review broker communication channels  
25 Sep 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-08-14