Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

2pm Pacific Time




Topics for discussion:

  • Project updates (Eric Bellm , Ian Sullivan ):
    • Chile JTM: get your TRs in to Nikolina
  • Pipelines Infrastructure (Krzysztof Findeisen , John Parejko ): 
    • Krzysztof:
      • prompt prototype work held up by growing pains in the central repo. 
      • otherwise, fixing a bug in our metrics: our "wall clock time" metrics are actually measuring CPU time, which can be a factor of a few less than CPU time!
        • profiling sprint mostly didn't use the metrics, although the timing of the association metrics did
    • Eric talked some to Colin about AP analysis tooling:
      • afterburner on PP for rapid visit-level metrics
      • analysis_ap type query interface to PPDB for history/query analysis
      • maybe a small flask viz on alert packets
      • JP: talked to Andy about LINCC contributions to visualization: Andy said we should make a concrete proposal
  • Precursor processing ( Kenneth Herner , Erin Howard ):
    • Erin sick, but thinks they have a lead on where the Saha Bulge templates went wrong.
      • HSC with convolution mode=auto went fine?  going to try the same with DECAM
      • had campaign management meeting Thursday
    • Ken showing test of HSM Shape for shape flag–little change to raw detections, as expected.
      • Eric would like to see cutouts with/without new shape flag
    • per Bri's ticket on unflagged CRs:
      • EDGE flag here seems to mean convolution with NO_DATA: Jim Bosch thinks this isn't supposed to be the meaning of EDGE?
        • nobody knows why this is happening like this in the diffim.  JP thinks this is question for the subaru folks, wonders if they're doing something strange in ISR
          • Eric Bellm  will make a small ticket to chase down the bookkeeping  
  • Image differencing algorithms, DCR  ( Ian Sullivan , Bruno Sanchez ):
    • Ian: option to add preconvolution languishing, but merged a blocking bugfix–should dramatically improve results when convolving science
      • Eric: did Erin's HSC run include the bugfix?  No, HSC run used w_29, just showed up in latest weekly.  We'll discuss next steps in sprint planning
    • Eric: when should we move to mode='auto' by default? 
      • we should look at results of the mode=auto runs Erin is doing first
      • one question of whether to do convolve science or preconvolution in mode=auto.  Needs some more study
      • this is increasing our need to nail down our fake and real catalogs in a useful way
  • transinet (Nima Sedaghat, Eric Bellm):
    • Nima: lots of discussion of model storage in DM-34378, working towards a concrete implementation
  • alert distribution (Brianna Smart , Eric Bellm ):
    • alert stream broker now working in the IDF!  some mislabeled configurations caused the confusion. 
    • has tested all the user credentials, preparing to allow them to connect
  • Solar-system processing (Ari Heinze ):
    • learning about pybind11, getting close to think about python-wrap heliolincc
  • Review CI (
    • no changes
  • Review outstanding action items
    • none
  • QA meeting in February:
    • HSM shape flag?
    • HSC with convolution mode=auto?
    • potential future:
    • edge flags?
    • preconvolution
    • RB scoring?  still too early, want to show it one of the large runs
    • Discussion of AP QA needs in the future that Commissioning/LINCC might assist with
    • Eric on detection thresholds/fakes forced photometry? (still no, Eric expects to miss Feb. meeting)
  • AOB

Action Items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Eric Bellm  will make a small ticket to chase down the bookkeeping  
30 Jan 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-01-23
  • Eric Bellm write up retention policy and sizing for APDB  
17 Jul 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-06-26
  • Eric Bellm dig into alert serialization test in ap_association and ticket ways to improve it  
11 Sep 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-08-21
  • Eric Bellm review broker communication channels  
25 Sep 2023Eric BellmAP Pipeline Meeting, 2023-08-14